Trouble installing drivers for root

Roberts.Tyler3289

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have read several posts on rooting the epic and have tried several usb driver downloads and none of them will work. I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit, and though maybe that was the problem so i tried on a 64 bit version of vista and on xp. I tried downloading the drivers through sdk but after i plug in my device and delect the usb_drivers folder it says no drivers were found. so i tried downloading the 64 bit vista drivers but it only installs three of the 5 drivers and when i search for adb devices
cd c:\
cd android-sdk-windows\tools
ad devices

it says

list of devices attached. but nothing shows up. Then when i try to access shell i get an error no devices found. Bottom line seems to be that my drivers are not installed correctly. Anybody else haing this issue or know how I can fix it?

Thank you!!!!

BTW: I am currently working on vista ultimate 64bit, but have access to windows cp 32 bit if needed!

Roberts.Tyler3289

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man. I'm pretty sure that was the link that i downloaded but this time i unzipped it to my desktop, plugged in my phone, and now i'm at least getting the device to show up. i appreciate your help!

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Be sure you delete old ones, look thru Device Manager. I had fits, actually had to use a different computer, and it took forever to download them. I have a feeling some remnants were left in first computer and confused it.

Not technical enough to help past that, but they are finicky.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I used the drivers in my adb shell thread and they worked pretty well. But apparently there have been known issues with 64bit OS installs of the drivers, acm, and adb.

_Bak_

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Acm was a big problem for me and it now says there isn't a usb driver installed for me anymore. Not too sure where to go with this right now. I'll have to leave it till after work I guess...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox