Nohl75

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Wireless tether still working I just now tested it to make sure, it would be much appreciated if this help anyone to thank me!

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, well, I'm most likely switching to the EVO tomorrow, but I still have an Epic at hand, so I'll have to check again. My computer just wouldn't recognize the phone.

SemiGamer

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know as well, don't want to start another one of these threads so I'll ask here:
I just rooted my phone, and I have had the update prior to rooting, I rooted, and than installed the wireless tether 2.0.5 pre9 app, it runs and gives me speed readings and everything, but when I try to connect to my PC, it shows it in the wireless networks in range but comes up unable to connect to the network and when I press Diagnose this problem, it says problem is unknown.

What am I doing wrong? <.<

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know as well, don't want to start another one of these threads so I'll ask here:
I just rooted my phone, and I have had the update prior to rooting, I rooted, and than installed the wireless tether 2.0.5 pre9 app, it runs and gives me speed readings and everything, but when I try to connect to my PC, it shows it in the wireless networks in range but comes up unable to connect to the network and when I press Diagnose this problem, it says problem is unknown.

Unfortunately, I can't help because I have a Mac which just started to run Windows 7 via Boot Camp, but maybe one of the others could.

SemiGamer

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I can't help because I have a Mac which just started to run Windows 7 via Boot Camp, but maybe one of the others could.

Thanks for the reply anyway, hope W7 runs well for your mac :)

EDIT:
Tried Barnacle wifi and that does the same thing, transmits, laptop notices it in networks, but wont connect to it.

Last edited:

TCD

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Disable IP6 in Windows Wireless device properties.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc