Can I root, remove the bloat and unroot?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you look at that thread there are many people it has worked for. Give it a shot and let us know if you have any questions. You just need to step out of your comfort zone - there's no BBSAK for Android unfortunately ;)

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Give it a shot and let us know if you have any questions. You just need to step out of your comfort zone - there's no BBSAK for Android unfortunately ;)

Yeah I think I will as it seems the simplest and safest bet for what I want to do.. I've actually tried Android before but my BB was always my main man till I tired of it recently and the Epic caught my eye... If Android had some sort of 'desktop' program that would make life easier though as I could screw up all I want....

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Android has a pretty steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it the modifications are much more rewarding than swapping a few .cod files and calling it a hybrid. Folks on XDA get into some hardcore, deep system modifications. Luckily they make it easy for you and me with things like "one-click root" and installable .zip files. If you run into any snags just post here and someone will help you troubleshoot.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I ran it from my Linux Mint laptop and it was super easy as no drivers to worry about... I removed everything even Touchwiz, all the Samsung widgets etc.. Only thing I kept was the calandar app as it has grown on me. Currently messing around with setcpu etc.. I am a huge fan of overclocking and remember doing the 'pencil trick' on my old Athlon systems lol :) I think I might keep root....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech