recovering Spint Hoptspot

Ficjay

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
During my foray into the realm of rooting and roms I seem to have removed hotspot from my phone. Is there away to replace lost apps like this without returning the phone to factory setting?

Ficjay

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I spent a couple of hours looking for the answer in the forums and was fairly tired before I gave up and posed the question so sorry for mispelling the title question. Having said that, I will pull a search on MobileAp.apk. Thanks ahead of time if it helps. However, my question is only partly about Mobile Hotspot app. The other part of the question is if I accidently remove parts of my original package that I want back is there a way without a total reboot to factory or does this just depend on what I've messed up or what? Obviously Clockwork and Titanuim arent fool proof because this fool still lost an app!! Sorry again if I sound like an idiot but my doctorate isnt in computer/programming and this stuff is both exciting and fun but also frustrating. I imagine one or two other on the forums can sympathize with that sentiment

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a custom ROM installed? If so you can just flash it again on top of what you have to restore the missing app(s), as long as the ROM doesn't format /data.

If not, just get a hold of the correct files and install them using the adb program on your computer.

Ficjay

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I fumbled through my original rooting on one of my office computers. I'm going to reload everything on my laptop now at home & attempt to do as you fine gentlemen suggest. However, where do I get the apk from again?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I fumbled through my original rooting on one of my office computers. I'm going to reload everything on my laptop now at home & attempt to do as you fine gentlemen suggest. However, where do I get the apk from again?

If you have a stock ROM on your computer it should be in the /system/app folder.

Sent by a little green robot

Ficjay

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I rooted and added clockwork while attached my computer at work. I've almost finished downloading sdk,adb etc on my laptop here at home but I don't believe I do have stock ROM. I used clockwork to install baked snack downloading directly to my epic. I hated the way it looked and thought I put it back to stock before I just putting on the kernel. Now I notice after a couple of weeks the hotspot is gone and wanted to replace. I want to replace it for a couple of reasons: a) I'd like to compare to rooted tether app's speed b) I read on one of the forum pages that you need stock setup for OTA downloads and I'm expecting 2.2 soon :) So I guess I should look on the forums for stock ROM?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy