stock kernel

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I am wanting to try the froyo leak and while reading the forum over at xda somebody asked if once they flashed it and wanted to go back to stock if nandroid would work. It was responded by somebody saying yes but you'll need to flash a 2.1 kernel as the froyo kernel would till be there. Is this true? Thought that a nandroid backup backed up everything. If it is true where can I get the stock kernel?

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
sweet thanks. One more question if I decide to not keep using the froyo leak and mangos back to stock and use andromeda kernel will I still get the official update? If not I'll just backup my apps with titanium backup and use odin to restore to stock

Btw man you rock

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you want to apply the official Froyo update as it comes from Samsung, you will need to use Odin to flash back to stock. However, I'm sure the XDA gurus will have a tweaked official Froyo shortly after its release that won't require a stock system to install.

And thanks! :D

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Saweet sorta figured the dev community would be on top of it. Gotta love those guys. Hey I also got the android central unofficial business card made up. Thing is I created it on avery.com and u have to use their program to open it.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
But doesn't the sprint OTA force an update? How do you make sure your rooted phone doesn't install the OTA by accident? My wife got the last update and we said "try again later" as she was only on 3g with low battery. Overnight it charged and in the am after a reboot she had the OTA! It never asked if we wanted it or not!

I know the community will flash a ROM with the stable froyo build at some point- but if we have insurance on the phone- yeah, it'd be good to be able to flash back to factory w/ the stock OTA build.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The update does a check on your system to make sure all the stock components are there before installing, and if they aren't the update fails. So if you're running a custom ROM with any of the stock apps removed/modified you don't need to worry about an update being accidentally applied - it wouldn't install even if you wanted it to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance