[ROM] VIPER v4.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Source: [ROM]VIPERrom [FRoZeN] EXT4-RFS Dual DK28 4.0.3 - 01/23/11!! - xda-developers

Features
Based on DK28 Froyo

Change Log
Added a few more Batt Scripts
New Theme
New Boot Ani
New Sounds
Tweaked to be Faster than before
Added zApk **Custom Script For Zipaligning AFTER you download Apps**
Added Custom Tweaker Script
New Updater-Script **.2c Users MAY have to odin back to stock DK28 because of an updater-script issue by me, i apologize. This issue has been fixed in 4.0.3
Removed baked in SetCPU script so you can have your own settings without bogging the phone
Added battery popup killer
Added ADB popup killer
Changed a few init scripts
Updated Launcher Pro app
Updated Youtube App
Complete AI Sounds Pack included! (Created by Team Viper)
Added default_wallpaper.jpg to /sdcard/VIPERaddons/ **For those who restore settings with setupwizard and want the new wallpaper**
Saved Most Features of .2c

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No overclocking for any 2.2 kernel until we get the source code from Samsung :(

This ROM only has minor tweaks, so functionality should be very similar to the straight 2.2 leak.

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I know we shouldn't pay attention to quadrant but I think ultimate kernel was getting 1250-ish. 1500-1700 on this sounds insane but expected w/froyo.

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
man this Viper thing but it really screwed up my phone. I didn't like it at all. I did install it correctly and it is working. Thing is though, clockwork mod does not work anymore at all. Got about 1500 for quadrant.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
wow ive never heard anything about it messing up clockwork.

i dont even think it should touch anything with the recovery image.

did you make the "lag fix"

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
ya i did the lag fix after i went back to recovery. I really didn't like the rom at all because the half the settings of the epic aren't there.. it was so freaking weird. There was no options for haptive feedback.

I think i got the error was because of the new firmware. I was using DK05, i think that might have cause the problem but im not sure.

The error that i got was Keep giving me this

error = "can't mount /dev/block/vold/179:1"

I really think im just going to wait for the official froyo

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
ya i did the lag fix after i went back to recovery. I really didn't like the rom at all because the half the settings of the epic aren't there.. It was so freaking weird. There was no options for haptive feedback.

I think i got the error was because of the new firmware. I was using dk05, i think that might have cause the problem but im not sure.

The error that i got was keep giving me this

error = "can't mount /dev/block/vold/179:1"

i really think im just going to wait for the official froyo

yeah im waiting for official, because i dont care for just the rom. Im more of a kernel dude.

Anyways, the problem is more than likely related to your lag fix. Because it shouldnt mess anything up just flashing a rom.

I think the modem is only attainable by using odin. So yeah i think making the lag fix messed up your phone

persianpimp

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
well i think i did the lagfix after it didn't work. I really didn't like the rom and because i couldn't do anything about it to change roms, i did the lagfix lol.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Its normal to have to hit update.zip to get to clockwork i do too.

I really dont know anything about messing with froyo roms at the time. But my guess is it had something to do with the kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.