Problem installing device drivers

bcball

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to ROOT my Epic for the 1st time. The 64-bit Samsung drivers installed on my PC fine, but now when I plug the Epic via USB, it hangs on 2 lines:
CDC Abstract Control Model (ACM) ----- Installing driver software...
S3C6410 Android ADB------------------ Installing driver software...

They just hang here, with not installation completion.
Any idea why I can't get around this? I've tried restarting, reinstalling Samsung drivers at this point.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My system did the same thing when I first rooted. I just ignored those errors and everything worked fine.

Sent by a little green robot

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
i'm trying to root my epic for the 1st time. The 64-bit samsung drivers installed on my pc fine, but now when i plug the epic via usb, it hangs on 2 lines:
Cdc abstract control model (acm) ----- installing driver software...
S3c6410 android adb------------------ installing driver software...

They just hang here, with not installation completion.
Any idea why i can't get around this? I've tried restarting, reinstalling samsung drivers at this point.

ive heard to just use the 32 bit ones. But if it works for you like it did rag then alls well.

If not try the 32 bit

your sure you need the 64 bit ones? Ie: Your computer is compatible?

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I also am having problems with the 64 bit drivers. I specifically wanted them to free up the memory (about 100MB) that Asphalt5 used up. Mine hung up on the CDC step, the others having worked.

I did not get any access to my phone from Windows 7-64bit addition.

Will experiment to update you all, but suspect will try with 32 bit instead...

UPDATE1 - Asphalt5 files on SD card afterall. Guess I am just downloading a lot, and Epic is limited in RAM. But I still want it to work so I can do recovery, etc.

Update 2: Same error with the 32 bit driver installation. (CDC Abstract Control Module) not successfully installing when the device is plugged in. Now it does show up as drive G on my computer, but can't actually open anything, or unmount it ("Eject" it)

Last edited:

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Do you have USB debugging turned on?

If so, turn it off after you install the drivers manually with your phone unplugged. Turn off USB debugging and plug in your phone. It should not install or detect correctly. I'm almost positive that's your problem.

Also look at ur program storage. Hold home>task manager>summary. Then look at program storage and see how much you used up. Its more than likely that u just installed a bunch of apps. The asphalt thing is just a demo and doesn't take up much.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I keep having the same problem. All but the CDC part of driver install works, whether 32 or 64 bit driver tried. (Win 7- 64bit Home Premium HP laptop).

I tried different cables and USB ports, and no luck. With USB debug off, I can tether or do Mass Storage. With USB debug on, then I can't do anything with phone from computer.

Any more ideas out there, please?!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've never gotten the CDC part to work, and Odin works fine in debug mode. What are you trying to do while in debug mode?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I just rooted for the first time and when I went to connect the phone it took a good 10 minutes to get threw the installation of the drivers.. Then it was fine after that.

32 bit Samsung drivers is what I used on Vista-32 bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC