ROM ALERT: Stock Froyo DK17

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I want to flash this, but is there a way to go back to 2.1 in case there are too may bugs for me? I'm really tired of waiting for official froyo and know it won't be here until 2011, but I need something that's isn't too bug crazy. 2.1 is ok for me out of the box, just want the froyo features and more importantly......better touchwiz interface. Thanks to everyone who has been working on these ROMS...all the hard work is greatly appreciated.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I can't get my computer to recognize my phone. It's the Gadget Serial Issue. I've tried installing PC Studio, and running it on Windows XP. Any other ideas? Should I just go with the other ROM, even though it's harder to install?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
oh....i don't have odin installed. i thought i didn't have to have Odin. I'll go get Odin and try again. The instructions never mentioned Odin so I assumed this was the "Odin-free" version.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Were you looking at the instructions on XDA? Makes sure to read them carefully beforehand:

Step 1. Boot your phone into download by powering off your phone holding 1 on the keyboard and holding power til you see the little Yellow digger. Step 2. On your computer launch the included odin.exe and select the included victory pit and under PDA select the included SPH-D700-DK17-Extended.tar Step 3. Plug in the usb cable.(if it's done right you should see a yellow Com device.) Step 4. Click Start and wait.

Sent by a little green robot

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
ok i think i bricked my phone. i finally got the drivers installed (the galaxy s drivers) and the phone is now displaying a phone with a yellow triangle (with an exclamation point in the middle) and a computer. is this a partial brick or complete brick?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Try to turn it off (if you have to, pull the battery). Then (with the battery in) hold the "1" key and power until you see the android digging picture. Then follow the procedure form there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463