2 minor problems after flashing Stock Froyo DK17

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
first off, Froyo has got some nice subtle improvements. And this ROM seems totally stable. But I've got two things going on. The 1st is that the stock email app does not delete emails when I highlight them and select delete. I can highlight them and select "move to" and put them in the trash that way. But prior to this ROM the deleting function worked fine. Anyone else encounter this? Ideas? One more note about this, if I reboot it seems the delete works for just a little while, later when I come back to it it's no longer working again.

2nd issue has to do with syncing facebook contacts. Prior to this ROM all my contacts who were on facebook had automatically synced up to include facebook profile pictures. That's not happening anymore with this ROM. I removed and re-added the facebook account but still no go. all settings appear to be correct. Ideas?

THanks!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
1) I always delete the Samsung email app, so I'm not sure about that one. Sounds like the best thing to do would be to use a 3rd party mail app like K9Mail or MailDroid.

2) This thread might answer your question.

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
1) I always delete the Samsung email app, so I'm not sure about that one. Sounds like the best thing to do would be to use a 3rd party mail app like K9Mail or MailDroid.

2) This thread might answer your question.

Thanks for the thoughts. 1) I kind of like the stock email app but I did install K9 to check out. That issue seems intermittent anyway. It was working fine for me again last night. go figure.

2) I did previously read that thread and have used Snycmypix and it mostly applies the FB photos to contacts, but it seems like an unnecessary workaround. My problem was a little different than that thread's OP, in my case the FB photos did not even show up in the contacts list because even though the FB account is listed, none of the contacts show themselves to be linked or joined to that account. In my case that seems to be the crux of the problem, the FB account not properly linking up or syncing with the contact list.