[ROM] TrulyEpic MMS-Fix Test Build

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Source: [ROM] AhmgskMod TrulyEpic V2.06.12.10 [Stable] [DK28] - xda-developers

You need the DK28 modem for this ROM

Download
This version is missing some packages, and is only a test version to confirm working MMS
http://www.multiupload.com/O8OH3T7JIP

Features
Based On DK28
Totally Basic
AMLauncher Comes to users for 1st time -> YouTube - AM Launcher
Latest Apps Included: Flash, Facebook, Maps, Youtube, Market, Fanct Widget,ES File Explorer, Twitter Included In System Apps
Included wallpapers in AMLauncher => Images taken from google Please dont sue me :p
Aosp Lockscreen Not Included => Buggy at present
I9000 startup and shutdown animations
Android Setup Wizard (Sign up and you get apps & settings restored automatically!)
Recovery Redirective Include only via adb reboot recovery (reboot not included in menu) => Later
GPS locks with 2 to 3 m accuracy
Customization Given In Post 2

Android Central Exclusive Stand-Alone Package
AMLauncher - this is the launcher that comes with TrulyEpic. You can install it on any ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery.
100% Credit for this launcher goes to Ahmgsk. See the link above for his thread and the source.
Having trouble selecting the AMLauncher after flashing it in Clockwork? Read posts 82-89.

Last edited:

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
hey man are you running this rom on ur Epic? just wondering how ya like it and if you experience issues with the accelerometer when playing flying games? thinking bout trying a different rom while waiting for ACS to do there thing.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't play fly games so not sure about that - but this ROM is definitely the best Froyo ROM I've run. Very fast, dev even includes his own custom-built launcher. Also, the Android Setup Wizard is installed so if you're coming from a Froyo ROM and have in your settings to backup data to Google, the Wizard will automatically restore all phone settings and re-download your apps for you. How cool is that? :D

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Can you test something out for me? Could you download the demo to winds of steel and let me know if it plays well. That is just one of the flying games that I have had problems with. Thanks

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've never played it before but it seems fine. Holding the phone at a 45 degree angle with the floor keeps my plane going straight, and moving left and right seems to work great as well.

I just shot down a plane in instant action mode. This game is pretty fun!

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Seems like every time I try a dk28 rom my accelerometer messes up in flying games and sometimes in racing games. Even used odin to restore back to 2.1 then used the flashable zip to update. Think I will just wait to the official update is released and the devs get ahold of that.

techiechick

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't play fly games so not sure about that - but this ROM is definitely the best Froyo ROM I've run. Very fast, dev even includes his own custom-built launcher. Also, the Android Setup Wizard is installed so if you're coming from a Froyo ROM and have in your settings to backup data to Google, the Wizard will automatically restore all phone settings and re-download your apps for you. How cool is that? :D

Ok... so I'm backing up my phone so I can do a factory reset since my Froyo DK28 is a bit sluggish...
But then I start feeling froggy! I'm thinking, "Well since it's all backed up, why not go a bit further?"

So.. what is your ROM recommendation? I see you're currently running TrulyEpic, but before that you were praising DK28 Extended and ACS Froyo...

I want a stable, battery saving, pre-rooted Froyo. And for the life of me I can't figure out WTF Clockwork is!!

So what do recommend for this newbie?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok.. noob questions... (I'm sorry!) Since I tried Procedure 1 multiple times and it never did work, I went on to Procedure 2. Which worked! Yeah!

So, am I rooted permanently? And, do I need to leave Z4Root on my phone or should I uninstall it?

Lucky you! Since you used Procedure #2 to root, you already have Clockwork installed.

Power off phone>hold volume down+camera+power>a screen with green lettering will come up>welcome to Clockwork :D (if a screen with blue text comes up try selecting install update.zip to take you to the screen with green text). In Clockwork, use the volume buttons to navigate, and the camera button to select.

To install a ROM:
1) Put the zip file of the ROM on your SD card
2) Boot into Clockwork, go to "backup and restore" and then "Restore" (now you have a backup of your phone just in case).
3) Go to and execute "wipe data/factory reset". Then go to and execute "wipe cache partition".
4) Go to "install zip from SD card" then to "choose zip from SD card", find the zip of your ROM and select and install it.
5) Reboot and done!

As for my ROM recommendation - I believe the best ROM out now is Truly Epic, however it has all Sprint and Samsung apps removed, including TouchWiz. If you need any of these things then I suggest my next favorite ROM, Quantum.

Reactions: ShaLea

techiechick

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Lucky you! Since you used Procedure #2 to root, you already have Clockwork installed. .

Sweet! I had no idea!!:eek:

As for my ROM recommendation - I believe the best ROM out now is Truly Epic, however it has all Sprint and Samsung apps removed, including TouchWiz. If you need any of these things then I suggest my next favorite ROM, Quantum.

I think I could live with that... I don't use any of the Samsung Apps, and I use LauncherPro so Touchwiz won't be missed.
I do like the Sprint Navigation though....
Can I use TrulyEpic and restore SprintNav from my Titanium Backup?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Actually I just checked, and it looks like the developer of this ROM has the Sprint apps here. You should be able to install them through Clockwork, the same way as the ROM (do it after you flash the ROM and boot up at least once).

Reactions: techiechick

techiechick

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Actually I just checked, and it looks like the developer of this ROM has the Sprint apps here. You should be able to install them through Clockwork, the same way as the ROM (do it after you flash the ROM and boot up at least once).

That's awesome! Thanks for all the help!

I'm charging my baby to full charge as we speak... safety first!! ;)

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Does charging to 100 make a difference cuz I'm at 50 and am planning on flashing quantum right now

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I always try and charge my phone all the way before flashing, but as long as you are positive you have enough juice to get through the flash and reboot you should be ok.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Lucky you! Since you used Procedure #2 to root,

the dev as some zip files to easily flash most of that stuff back on. dunno about touchwiz but i really don't care for it. i like adw launcher. not for sure what i think of aw launcher. seems like a more slimmed down version of adw.

btw i fixed the problem with my accelerometer. it wound up being a bad flash. had to odin back to 2.1, use z4root to gain temporary root access to use android terminal emulator to calibrate my sensors. after that the game ran fine. used the update.zip to update to 2.2 then used a one click method to root and flash clockwork. so far i'm really pleased with my phone again.

now i'm off to try this rom out finally

edit: i take that back, once i flashed this rom it broke my accelerometer again lol. i'm just gonna stick to stock 2.2 and wait for the officail stuff to come out. lol

Last edited:

strife5

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently just flashed to this ROM and for some reason the phone won't come out of airplane mode. I have no service and also the media scanning takes much longer than usually, making the phone very sluggish. Any suggestions.

strife5

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Using Clockwork to double wipe and to install ROM from the link in this thread. Using install from sd card and selecting it from the root dir. Didn't think I needed to change the filename to update.zip because I didn't think it was necessary in clockwork. Anyways, updates fine. I reboot and still am not getting a radio. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae