[ROM] TrulyEpic MMS-Fix Test Build

strife5

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Now just to clarify, this stock froyo rom will replace the TrulyEpic rom correct? So I can't have both installed? I don't mind getting the stock rom that you linked above, but am I to understand that TrulyEpic just wont work for my phone or what? Sorry, just trying to get a understanding for this as I'm a little new on this.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The last link I posted will give you a "clean start", reinstalling everything (even Clockwork). Afterwards you are free to flash TrulyEpic again. This is not guaranteed to fix your problem, but it's the best thing I can think of.

strife5

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The last link I posted will give you a "clean start", reinstalling everything (even Clockwork). Afterwards you are free to flash TrulyEpic again. This is not guaranteed to fix your problem, but it's the best thing I can think of.

Ok, I will give this a try and re-post results. Previously I would start from the stock DI18 .tar file and then root the phone, then flash TrulyEpic.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
In light of what you've just posted, I take back what I said - my previous post is guaranteed to work. You can't go from Eclair->Froyo ROM without flashing the modem in Odin, or else your radio will not work (which is exactly what you've been doing).

strife5

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
In light of what you've just posted, I take back what I said - my previous post is guaranteed to work. You can't go from Eclair->Froyo ROM without flashing the modem in Odin, or else your radio will not work (which is exactly what you've been doing).

My phone is currently running the process in Odin. After that bit of information, I'm excited that this will probably work due to not being on DK28 in the first place. I guess this is part of the learning process for me then.:cool:

strife5

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok I flashed the ROM, and good results. I do have a couple questions if you don't mind. I read multiple other forums and get a little confused. I know through the process (once I got Froyo installed) that I had to boot into Clockwork, wipe both options, then flash the ROM. Now if I wanted to install other things, like for instance and new lock screen that is mentioned with this TurlyEpic ROM (AOSP) or the wireless tethering, would I just install those .zip files like I did the ROM just without wiping the phone?

Also one last question and I think I'll be set. If I wanted more than one custom ROM, that's where ROM manager comes into play right? And also would I have to wipe each time to switch to another ROM? Thank you for all the help.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok I flashed the ROM, and good results. I do have a couple questions if you don't mind. I read multiple other forums and get a little confused. I know through the process (once I got Froyo installed) that I had to boot into Clockwork, wipe both options, then flash the ROM. Now if I wanted to install other things, like for instance and new lock screen that is mentioned with this TurlyEpic ROM (AOSP) or the wireless tethering, would I just install those .zip files like I did the ROM just without wiping the phone?

You're exactly right - add-ons are flashed through Clockwork and do not require wiping data.

Also one last question and I think I'll be set. If I wanted more than one custom ROM, that's where ROM manager comes into play right? And also would I have to wipe each time to switch to another ROM? Thank you for all the help.

This ROM does support Clockwork redirect, so yes you should have full functionality of ROM Manager (I honestly only use it to boot into Clockwork myself). Be careful though - not all Froyo ROMs support ROM Manager at this time; they must mention a "Clockwork Redirector" or something of that nature to be fully compatible with ROM Manager. Not a big deal though as Clockwork alone works just as well.

2sslow

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Kind of a noob here to android, Im an expert at WebOs lol. If I use rom manager to backup my current rom does it include apps? and data from apps? not really concerned about contacts and the like as i use gmail for those. Just dont want to loose data from angrybirds and others.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
A ClockworkMod Recovery (ROM Manager is just a shortcut to Clockwork) backup includes everything in your system - apps and their data included.

Reactions: 2sslow

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it has more to do with a phone swap I did last week (due to a buzzing internal earpiece) or it's the ROM, but this is the first Froyo ROM I've been able to use with a quick GPS lock (and spot on location), 4G working, no text notifications of voicemails, or any of the myriad other quirks I've found in most of the other ROMs... great job... this one is pretty barebones and there is a slight lag on rotation, but all in all, really liking it and will probably run this until we have final build Froyo available...

Have not run it for a full day yet, but battery life seems at least as good as the custom 2.1 ROM I just moved from... I just ordered that Seidio 3000mah battery anyway (if you order soon you can use xmas20 code for 20% off) so battery shouldn't be an issue going forward either way...

feralpanda

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I know its already been said many times, i'm sure but this ROM is pretty fantastic. I've been running it since a bit after it was posted and have almost entirely lost the urge to keep trying others for the time being. I installed the dk28 froyo leak update and although its possible I did something wrong, this ROM has been WAY faster than when i updated the stock eclair install. Thanks for your hard work on this ROM!

2sslow

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
any way to get the am launcher w/o using this rom? Im using the gingerbread launcher, it works well but the video of the am launcher is much smoother and the effects at the bottom look much better.

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Lucky you! Since you used Procedure #2 to root, you already have Clockwork installed.

Power off phone>hold volume down+camera+power>a screen with green lettering will come up>welcome to Clockwork :D (if a screen with blue text comes up try selecting install update.zip to take you to the screen with green text). In Clockwork, use the volume buttons to navigate, and the camera button to select.

To install a ROM:
1) Put the zip file of the ROM on your SD card
2) Boot into Clockwork, go to "backup and restore" and then "Restore" (now you have a backup of your phone just in case).
3) Go to and execute "wipe data/factory reset". Then go to and execute "wipe cache partition".
4) Go to "install zip from SD card" then to "choose zip from SD card", find the zip of your ROM and select and install it.
5) Reboot and done!

OK I also used Procedure 2 & d/l the TrulyEpic ROM. I went through the files, but can not find the zip folder. Can anyone tell me the filename of the zip folder? I could't find anything labeled update.zip or something similar.

Is it the entire file named: AM_TrulyEpic_DK28_v2.06.12.10.zip that should be installed on the SD card?

Thanks.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Is it the entire file named: AM_TrulyEpic_DK28_v2.06.12.10.zip that should be installed on the SD card?

Exactly right. Place that file on your SD card and flash using ClockworkMod Recovery. Clockwork is not picky about the name of the zip file like stock recovery is.

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Exactly right. Place that file on your SD card and flash using ClockworkMod Recovery. Clockwork is not picky about the name of the zip file like stock recovery is.

thanks so much. I didn't realize it was so easy. I was over-thinking it. I just rfealized that I didn't need a computer to do this & I was able to change my ROM all from the phone itself. this is so much easier than BB upgrades. glad I finally saw the light.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I think this is being discussed in the thread for this ROM over at PPC Geeks, but is anyone having issues sending Sprint MMS? I am unable to send one out on this ROM. I can if I send via email, but not through traditional phone-to-phone MMS. I believe others are having the same issue. Can anyone confirm? If this gets fixed, I'm hanging out with this ROM till final build comes out on Froyo, and will probably stick with same chef.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv