[ROM] Stock Froyo DK28 (no Clockwork required!)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I followed instruction exactly, thank you for being nice when telling me to re-read instructions, I had seen them and assumed for 17. And the sd card was from another method.

I have it loaded and functioning, data services too a little while to come back on, so I was sweating that. I also thought Titanium Backup would copy apps, so wrong, read above and use proper backup for apps. But if that is the worst I lose from an upgraded systems, it will give me something to do - shop the marketplace!!

SD card is good and see no problems. Testing Wireless Tether, old version didn't work, found Pre 11 and I'm up and running.

This works, I just ask the moderators to keep us in the loop - while I was setting here, cruising forums and saw the leaked Dk28 might not be final version. As long as mine is working, don't know and don't care. But much of the confusion comes from so many ways to accomplish the goal - getting Froyo and now that I'm rooted (and couldn't get it unrooted), this is a great program that individuals have put together and supported. I just hope the updates for this version, if any, are well communicated and so easy to follow.

My Thanks - and everyone remember to push the Thanks button for the help they get - that is the least you can do to support these people who work and share to make our systems work better.

Glad to help! And honestly I've been contemplating making a complete guide on the 5 or 6 different ways to update to Froyo DK28, but it seems that most of the people who were interested in updating already have, and with my luck a new Froyo version or the OTA update will be release the second I finish that guide :p

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I came from Pre and that is one of the things PreCentral did well - unified and simplified the guides. Of course I was very comfortable, had Doctor if you screwed up. With Android, a lot of us are learning, several directions and if they aren't written well or a step left out, no way to fix. That is one of the reasons I have been very, very hesitant to mod my phone in anyway, ie OneClick Root and its installer now doesn't work.
If you can sticky this, its easy, effective, I'm sure there are others out there.
And then more importantly, update this thread if new Froyo comes out and/or what OTA does. I had done the old, long way of hacking the Hero, could uninstall thru RUU, but see no way this one works that way. It also didn't allow updates to come through, don't know if this one does, or needs to. Or what comes in the future.
Again, thanks, you followed up on answers, in English not techni babble, which increases the comfort zone of those trying to accomplish something.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Are copy protected apps available in this? I believe I read a version of DK28 with a Nexus One signature allowing for copy protected apps.

bcball

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
That's what I use to restore, works well.

I'm using Quantum ROM - the dev put in a longer WiFi scan interval to help battery, and it is noticeably faster than stock Froyo. Also has some TouchWiz upgrades, optional Hulu and optional Christmas Theme.

I noticed that the Program Monitor is not installed on the Quantum ROM. I like the ROM, except for that missing. Any idea how to access it?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Are copy protected apps available in this? I believe I read a version of DK28 with a Nexus One signature allowing for copy protected apps.

I believe you're thinking of this ROM.

I noticed that the Program Monitor is not installed on the Quantum ROM. I like the ROM, except for that missing. Any idea how to access it?

Is that the Samsung app that is built in? (I uninstall all Sprint and Samsung apps so I forget what they're called). If so download it here.

hotis300boy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed one thing very clearly today on this rom and its a very very bad glitch, but whenever I dial any number it seems like complete silence when i put it in speak you can hear it ring or the person has by than already picked up and than you put it back to regular phone than it works, and its doing this like on every other call

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira