Compendium of Froyo Themes & Add-Ons | Last Update 2/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Anything that is not a full-fledged ROM will be listed here - themes, kernels, and other miscellaneous goodies. Everything here is compatible with the latest version of Froyo (DK28). Most of these mods require you to be rooted, have the appropriate version of Clockwork installed and have a deodexed ROM.

If you see any broken or outdated links/information, or know about something not listed here, please post in this thread and let me know - thanks!

** = converted by AndroidCentral staff
** = converted by Paul627g

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.X.X.X Compatible
Themes
Frozen Emotionless Beast | Preview
AOSP Gingerbread w/Preview
Mysterious Beast v1.1 No Transitions** | Preview
Froyo Window v2.0** | Preview
ViperROM v4.0.2b Theme** | Preview
Froyo Fuchsia Fusion
Glass Froyo
Crystalline Modular w/Preview
Black Alien Void w/Preview

Miscellaneous Mods & ? la carte Theme Elements
AMLauncher from TrulyEpic ROM** | Preview
AOSP Lock Screen | Preview
Swype Restore**
Android Swirl Boot Animation** | Preview
Nexus S Microbes Live Wallpaper** | Preview
TouchWiz Lock Screen**
Blue Battery Meter from midNIGHT Theme**
TouchWiz (Stock) Launcher**
Stock DK28 Froyo Ringtones**
Stock DK28 Froyo Notifications**
Microbes Live Wallpaper (Nexus S)**
No Clock in Status Bar**
Restore Clock in Status Bar**
Market v2.3.2**
Hulu v3

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.X.X.X Compatible
Themes
All themes should be flashed via Clockwork as .zip files. Most themes are universal and will work with any deodexed ROM, but always be sure to double check the source link for special cases.
midNIGHT Theme v3.1 Blue Circle Icon 1% Battery Mod AOSP LOCK** | Preview
Black Panther w/Preview
Mysterious Beast w/Preview
AOSP Froyo Magic/CyanogenMod | Preview
The Blue Majestic | Preview
The Pink Panther | Preview
Night Fall | Preview
Glasss | Preview
Christmas Time | Preview
Crystalline Modular w/Preview

Kernels
DK28 Dual Filesystem EXT4+RFS Kernel

Miscellaneous Mods & ? la carte Theme Elements
Honeycomb Music Player w/Preview
MIUI Music App w/Preview
a454nova's mods - lockscreen, stock apps, Hulu, battery pop-up killer, phone fix, boot animations, dialer pads, mms/sms, battery meters
EXT4 Filesystem
CIA Boot Animation
BIOS Boot Animation w/Preview
Custom Bootup/Shutdown Sounds
Galaxy Tab Email App
Black GMail App
Android Camera Evolved w/Preview
Nexus S Boot/Shutdown Animations + Ringtones
ConnectBot - Change Hard Keyboard Keys
No Bubble MMS with 5MB & 2560x1920 Limit
No Clock in Status Bar
Fix for Missing Apps on Froyo
ClockworkMod Redirector v1.0.7 (ROM Manager compatibility patch)
Android Market v2.2.6
Gingerbread Voice Action Clock
Gingerbread Launcher w/Preview
Gingerbread Battery Meter | Preview
Gingerbread Keyboard w/Preview
Call Log Mod | More Info
LbsTestMode (GPS Tools & Settings)
Battery Meter Mods w/Preview
Acer Liquid's Breeze Launcher & NemoPlayer w/Preview
Hulu App and Flash Player | Full Screen Mode
Themed Stock Apps, Regular Apps, LWP's and Android Themes w/Preview
androDENA Themed GTG TouchWiz Launcher w/Preview
Market v2.3.2

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay I'll be the first to ask.. If these themes/addons can be converted and your excepting requests then...

AMLauncher (I know its not in your list here but...)
Mysterious Beast (newest version)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Ragnarokx. I don't know what it is but ever since I tried AMLauncher aside from its simplicity and speed I think that "rolodex style/3D" app list is cool!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Question, can themes and addons be uninstalled?
Thanks!

If your staying on the same ROM then you could simply reflash the ROM with no wipe.

If your going to remove the themes/addons and change to a different ROM then wipe 3x

Sorry, Ragnarokx and I are answering questions at almost the same time. LOL..

Reactions: sneezy316

thojmoto

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
im on quantum 2.7.0. i want to run Mysterious Beast v1.1 No Transitions theme but i want to lock screen to stay stock. what do i need to delete from the zip to achieve this?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a way to install bat mods without it breaking or changing a themed notification bar?

Battery mods are more than just graphics, they have XML code embedded in the framework-res.apk and that is what controls the "theme" of your phone. Depending on what is done to the framework-res.apk there could be changes in there when flashed could overwrite/change what you already have in place with your current theme. So you could try flashing another battery mod but it might change what is already in place with the current themed notification bar.

Its a tricky deal with the battery mods. Simply changing the graphic files probably won't do it because they are matched perfectly to fit the code that makes them work or else they won't display properly. When I did the Mini Theme v1.5 for Truly Epic Rebirth there are a total of 125 graphic file that make it all work.

Last edited:

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Its a tricky deal with the battery mods. Simply changing the graphic files probably won't do it because they are matched perfectly to fit the code that makes them work or else they won't display properly. When I did the Mini Theme v1.5 for Truly Epic Rebirth there are a total of 125 graphic file that make it all work.

Bah.. I was hoping to not hear that lol... I looked in the 'framework-res.apk' and was hoping it'll be as easy as exchanging images...
Another question: Can I just extract the images, color them and put everything back?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Bah.. I was hoping to not hear that lol... I looked in the 'framework-res.apk' and was hoping it'll be as easy as exchanging images...
Another question: Can I just extract the images, color them and put everything back?

Yes you could do that. You would have to pull them out with 7zip/Astro etc. and put them back in the same way but DON'T UNZIP THE FRAMEWORK-RES.APK. Best of luck to you. There's 125 of them to change if your talking about the Mini Theme v1.5 that I used.

They are located in framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi

Be careful! You put something back in wrong or missing a file it could crash the framework, resulting in FC's happening like crazy... Probably wouldn't brick it but your phone could start freaking out and popping FC's and you would have to reflash the ROM again to clear it out.

Reactions: Since9600

bjwest

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, So after looking around for more cool stuff to add to my newly rooted phone, I installed both the Android Swirl and Microbes add-ons at the same time with CW3.0.0.5.

I rebooted my phone and it reset all my settings, and now most programs are NOT stable (almost every program force closes) including my Launcher Pro.

Any idea wtf happened?!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
OK, So after looking around for more cool stuff to add to my newly rooted phone, I installed both the Android Swirl and Microbes add-ons at the same time with CW3.0.0.5.

I rebooted my phone and it reset all my settings, and now most programs are NOT stable (almost every program force closes) including my Launcher Pro.

Any idea wtf happened?!

I pulled this straight from the Launcher Pro website.

Now about LauncherPro v0.8.2 that is now available on the Android Market. Here?s what?s new:

For all users:

* New ?Virtual looping? on homescreens! A ton of people requested loop scrolling on homescreens. The problem is that would be incompatible with Live Wallapers, and it would make most static wallpapers look weird. So instead I decided to use a different approach. When you try to scroll past the last homescreen, LauncherPro will quickly bounce back to the first. Conversely, if you try to scroll before the first screen, it will bounce you forward to the last screen. This effectively gives you loop scrolling (you can scroll indefinitely in any direction) without incompatibility issues or nasty visual side effects. (Enable in Preferences > Homescreen Settings)

This could possibly be your problem with the live wallpapers. I have ran both add ons that you flashed and didn't seem to have any effect on my phone. I don't use Launcher Pro so by process of elimination...

bjwest

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I pulled this straight from the Launcher Pro website.

Now about LauncherPro v0.8.2 that is now available on the Android Market. Here?s what?s new:

For all users:

* New ?Virtual looping? on homescreens! A ton of people requested loop scrolling on homescreens. The problem is that would be incompatible with Live Wallapers, and it would make most static wallpapers look weird. So instead I decided to use a different approach. When you try to scroll past the last homescreen, LauncherPro will quickly bounce back to the first. Conversely, if you try to scroll before the first screen, it will bounce you forward to the last screen. This effectively gives you loop scrolling (you can scroll indefinitely in any direction) without incompatibility issues or nasty visual side effects. (Enable in Preferences > Homescreen Settings)

This could possibly be your problem with the live wallpapers. I have ran both add ons that you flashed and didn't seem to have any effect on my phone. I don't use Launcher Pro so by process of elimination...
Hmm... the strange thing is that the live wallpaper doesn't even show up (it's showing my old static one).

Also, when I rebooted the phone, it was like I just turned my phone on for the first time (welcome, tutorial, set up accounts)

Does "Wipe Cache Partition" do any harm? All searches seem to tell me that "Wipe Cache Partition" only makes your phone boot slower... thoughts? Any idea how I could revert back or uninstall? CW3 doesn't seem to have a file explorer built in.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you have Launcher Pro installed before or after the live wallpapers? Just trying to eliminate whats going on. I'm guessing the Launcher is causing something but I could be wrong.

The issue when you rebooted your phone is probably due to the FC's going on and it has your phone somewhat messed up. This happens when you have FC's from a bad install/flash.

To get rid of the wallpapers you could reflash your rom and that should reset everything. Of course do a backup of any important data (like text messages, call logs, etc. ) using MyBackup or equivalent from the Market. The Android Setup Wizard will restore you apps/settings for you automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish