changing dock icons?

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
is it possible to change the TW dock icons? I've experimented with ADW and with Launcher Pro and I know you can customize the dock with each of those. but I'd kind of like to just use TW. I imagine there must be image files for those icons right? Can they be edited/replaced? Where are they? Anyone?

THanks

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Depends - are you on Froyo or Eclair? If Eclair you'll have to install a ported version of the TW launcher. If Froyo, you get go to Applications, hit the menu button, then Edit, and drag and drop as you like.

Reactions: nmoreman

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Depends - are you on Froyo or Eclair? If Eclair you'll have to install a ported version of the TW launcher. If Froyo, you get go to Applications, hit the menu button, then Edit, and drag and drop as you like.

Ha! Cool... I keep learning new things about froyo. That's a start in the right direction but is there a way to change the stock app icons that I choose to put in the dock? I'd like to strip them of color.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That's not so easy - what you're talking about is theming, and you can't do that on your phone. You would have to manually edit each app's icon on your computer. Take a look at this thread to get an idea of what this entails.

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That's not so easy - what you're talking about is theming, and you can't do that on your phone. You would have to manually edit each app's icon on your computer. Take a look at this thread to get an idea of what this entails.

no that's perfect. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I only want to change about 3 or 4 icons

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Ragnorakx,
Thanks for how to move my icons. I just reloaded dk28 and couldn't remember this.
P.S. All seems to be working fine second time around. I needed wireless
tethering for vacation. GPS is working, tethering is working.

Now they will probably roll out official OTA, so hopefully doesn't screw something up till I get back from vacation with all my files to fix whatever on home computer!!