Samsung Epic 4G Lag Fix: RFS to EXT4 for Froyo DK28

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Have a question though.

I did the new procedure with midnight 2.5 rom. Everything worked great. However, decided to try out latest build of the Cyanogenmod 6.1, did a backup on CW, and odined back to DK28 prerooted with clockwork installed.

Flashed the Cyanogenmod, and now decided to go back to the midnight rom.

I can just boot into CW and restore the backup right? And I will still have the EXT4 system right? Or will I need to do all the steps again in original post?

Thanks!

EGRENY1

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
What happens to contacts & pics, etc?

I'm sure someone asked already but couldn't find it. Once you install the ext4 &, let's say, midnight rom, what happens to the contacts & pics? I didn't loose them when upgraded to dk28, but what now?

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure someone asked already but couldn't find it. Once you install the ext4 &, let's say, midnight rom, what happens to the contacts & pics? I didn't loose them when upgraded to dk28, but what now?

You lose everything I believe, at least I did.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
how did you get your info back? Did you?

Well all the stuff in your sd card is safe. Sorry not sure if you meant that or not. I basically was okay to start new again. I just backed up launcherpro, my text with sms backup+ and synced apps with appbrain. Contacts are loaded onto gmail account.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Lol thanks, I was skeptical because I forgot to flash a stock dk28 modem. I originally flashed a modified pre-rooted one a month ago (or whenever dk28 first came out)

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Sorry I meant when I used odin to flash dk28 (both files), it was a rooted version. I did not reflash a stock unmodified version as you said to do in the instructions for ext4, I overlooked it.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I meant when I used odin to flash dk28 (both files), it was a rooted version. I did not reflash a stock unmodified version as you said to do in the instructions for ext4, I overlooked it.

If that worked for you that's fine. The developer of the EXT4 conversion originally advised against coming from a non-stock version of Froyo, but others have reported that coming from non-stock Froyo worked fine for them.

Can not install quantom rom2.5 on clockwork 3.0.0.5 and phone wont recover now need help

You need Quantum v2.7 if you're using Clockwork v3.0.0.5.

Reactions: zeravla531

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar