[ROM] TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.5 AC - no planned EB13 update :'(

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else having battery issues? Mine heated up to scorching level, even hot enough that phone shut down. I wasn't on it any more than usual. I swapped back out to Bonzai and haven't had the problem again.

Was there anything in particular you were doing/apps you were running when this happened?

yoda288

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
It was plugged in, had been running programs off an on, nothing consistent. Was mostly getting things re-established. Might have been playing some angry birds on occasion. But, like I said, it was NOT persistent, continuous use.

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
When I'm setting up my phone after a ROM flash it always gets pretty warm, regardless of the ROM. This has never happened to you before?

yoda288

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I've had it get a bit warm, but this actually shut down the phone. A heat warning popped up, phone shut down. Had to let it sit for a bit before I could even get it back on.

yoda288

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Even if it doesn't get resolved--just wanted to extend my thanks. I have definitely benefited from all the stuff you have posted--don't change phones without warning us first, ok. -thanks

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, I appreciate that. The earliest I'll change phones is August 31st, so I've got plenty of time left with the Epic community :D

yoda288

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I hate to admit it, but I dont think I was using the most current version of clockwork (was still green--no orange). Could that have caused the problem? I'm starting from scratch again, getting the right clockwork, we'll see what happens.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised you were able to flash it with CWM2 - that very well could have been your problem. Let me know if using CWM3 resolves it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think everyone who was a fan of TrulyEpic will be very happy... The latest version v1.1 is running pretty smooth. I think a round of applause is in order for Ragnarokx and the work he's done bringing this ROM back in EXT4/Edify Script/CWM3.0.0.5 form.

screenshot_17.png
screenshot_18.png

Reactions: ragnarokx

yoda288

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
2 questions (sorry, still a noob when it comes to this kind of thing)
-Do I need to wipe before installing 1.1 (I always have when switching ROMS, wasn't sure if I had to, since its an update
-What are people using to restore apps?
Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok.. I'm ready to give it a try!
I'm running TrulyEpic and my Clockwork is green...

How should I proceed?

You should either Odin back to stock Eclair or stock Froyo.

Then follow the steps here and download OneClickRootCWM3.zip and this will root/install CWM3.0.0.5/EXT4 Filesystem w/Edify Script all in one package. Then you can download/flash the ROM and enjoy!

Reactions: Sirus213

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
2 questions (sorry, still a noob when it comes to this kind of thing)
-Do I need to wipe before installing 1.1 (I always have when switching ROMS, wasn't sure if I had to, since its an update
-What are people using to restore apps?
Thanks

Yes you should always wipe when flashing new ROMs. Some people say in an update situation its alright to simply flash over but then some have reported issues in the past. I just usually go with a wipe to make sure things are cleaned out and in order.

Apps will automatically restore if your already on Froyo and opted to allow Google to backup your apps/setting when you setup your account on first boot. (Android Setup Wizard)

Also you can download MyBackUp or similar app and that will save and restore your apps/data/settings.

Reactions: yoda288

r0nin ar1es

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks awesome!

This is probably exactly what I need, as soon as its finished d/ling I will install/ I just had a question about the stock apps (samsung apps/widgets, sprint apps, etc), How do I install them? Thanks from the new guy on the forums.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
"No bubble MMS".... Is this the regular/default messaging app, but without the yellow and blue bubbles?? If so I think I will extract that :)

Last edited: