[ROM] TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.5 AC - no planned EB13 update :'(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This is probably exactly what I need, as soon as its finished d/ling I will install/ I just had a question about the stock apps (samsung apps/widgets, sprint apps, etc), How do I install them? Thanks from the new guy on the forums.

The first post in this thread find the link to Restore Stock Apps. Go there and you will find the link to download the file. (Flash the file using CWM3)

"No bubble MMS".... Is this the regular/default messaging app, but without the yellow and blue bubbles?? If so I think I will extract that :)

Yes I believe that is the stock messaging app without the bubbles. I haven't downloaded it myself, but I think thats correct.

Reactions: Since9600

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
"No bubble MMS".... Is this the regular/default messaging app, but without the yellow and blue bubbles?? If so I think I will extract that :)

Sounds like you've got it covered, but if you want me to make a flashable zip to restore the stock messaging app just let me know.

Reactions: Since9600

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you've got it covered, but if you want me to make a flashable zip to restore the stock messaging app just let me know.

I have got it installed! Thanks for bringing this !! I have been whining and complaining about the fugly yellow and blue bubbles for a while.. Now I can delete the fat-filled handcent.
BTW, this messaging app is also faster than the default bubble one and half the size!!

yoda288

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
My work email doesn't like the galaxy tab email app (even though I like--stupid work). Any tips on how to change back--the stock froyo app that has been on the other roms have worked fine for me. Thanks.

yoda288

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
sorry, must be blind. I had even downloaded the theme--totally missed the link. Thanks again. BTW--no more flaming battery.

comets8518

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I installed this following all your directions starting from Eclair stock rooted. Super easy, thanks a lot.

All my apps didn't come back but I just used titanium and all was back to usual. GPS is working well, even indoor so far.
My 3g had a hiccup until a reboot, but now is great.
Problems I still get are ..
1)Automatic force close for com.android.email on startup
2)Can't listen to music. Force close music player, winamp, astro anytime media is selected or scanning SD card. So far all I've done is added winamp, reinstalled samsung and sprint apps (which I've just been flashing them using the same method on clockwork I used to flash on the initial rom. hope thats correct, but they are showing up so I assume that was the correct way to flash.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the restore from Titanium Backup is causing problems. Try installing the ROM again without restoring and see if the problems go away.

If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll give you instructions on how to send me a logcat for diagnosis.

comets8518

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
that fixed the media.. I haven't redone the titanium backup so all of my apps are still missing. I only have the purchased apps shown. I tried the TER market zip.
Should I try titanium again and see if it doesnt corrupt this time or try something else

Xebec01

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This was my first try at a ROM flash. Instructions to update from Eclair to Froyo worked well. This ROM is perfect - - a nice, polished, clean entry into Froyo, with a few pleasant surprises.

Great job, Ragnarok! I've been lurking around here since I purchased my Epic in Nov., coming over from my beloved Pre, and now I can start to really have fun with this phone!

- X

comets8518

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I wiped and reflashed...everything worked until I redid titanium backup. Had to use it because the market was only pulling purchased app.
Going to reflash again tonight or tomorrow and only restore specific apps rather than batch all apps and data/settings

Force closes music app or any app. Also first reboot after titanium backup says my google password oid wrong.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This was my first try at a ROM flash. Instructions to update from Eclair to Froyo worked well. This ROM is perfect - - a nice, polished, clean entry into Froyo, with a few pleasant surprises.

Great job, Ragnarok! I've been lurking around here since I purchased my Epic in Nov., coming over from my beloved Pre, and now I can start to really have fun with this phone!

- X

Good to hear :D I'm glad to finally be able to give back a little something in return for all the ROMs I've downloaded and used.

I wiped and reflashed...everything worked until I redid titanium backup. Had to use it because the market was only pulling purchased app.
Going to reflash again tonight or tomorrow and only restore specific apps rather than batch all apps and data/settings

Force closes music app or any app. Also first reboot after titanium backup says my google password oid wrong.

My music player and podcast player both work and I haven't run into any Google password problems. It's definitely something funky with your TB restore. Try restoring only the apps you can't download from the Market (and don't restore their data), and don't restore any phone settings or anything like that. That should solve your problems.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I just installed this rom plus the them and holy hell this is awesome...it maybe be my only 2nd rom but wow this cool, thanks every for the work!

** No issues with this rom just a question, is any one else experience some minor lag during the boot up animation? Is this an issue?

Last edited:

comets8518

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I reflashed, and just reinstalled the apps with data (which kind of stinks since the data is really what I want to keep, have to figure out a better backup for next flashing)

everything is working great. super fast. and I'm really happy. Thanks for a job well done

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks very much, glad you like it :D

FWIW I use "MyBackup Root" from the Market. It's like MyBackup Pro, but free and geared toward root users. I always use it to backup my apps+data and call log/SMS. No problems yet.

rogodeter

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
GPS issues with rooted phone (Quantum 2.7 currently)

This question is not specific to this ROM but I was considering switching to this ROM simply because it was created by Ragnorokx. Before I do... I recently installed Quantum Rom 2.7 by...

Using Odin to factory restore rooted DK28 + CW3
Using debug mode plus bat/script with OneClickRoot... to format fs's to EXT4
Using CW3 to install Quantum Rom 2.7

At this point, phone works beautifully except for no GPS.

If I change to this ROM, will my GPS issue persist, or could I expect it to be fixed by this (or another) ROM? The posts I find on resolving GPS issues are many but quite confusing.

I assumed that CWMOD was a kind of bootloader (like Grub for linux), and that as such, it loads prior to the linux kernel (ie: prior to initialization of peripheral drivers). Given this, I then assumed that the ROMs I was installing included the kernel and everything else so I guess I don't understand why a lot of folks have these GPS issues (unless it is because there are many different manufactures of GPS hardware for the phones and the ROM was compiled with a driver for a specific one that is NOT the same as the one in my phone)... Anyway, I am probably wrong but thought I'd ask it so I could get corrected and better understand how it all works.

Thanks.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I had periodic problems on 2.2 with GPS when I first moved over... I happened to have a hardware issue and swapped phones about a month ago, and no problems since on any 2.2 ROMs... does not seem to be a ROM specific bug, but more pot luck... sometimes a reflash will even fix the issue...

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just back to TrulyEpic after using Midnight and Quantum for a while... I like it so far, using 1.1beta... only issue I have is those text messages for voicemails... I have redlist, but still get the messages... the reason I bring this up is that every other 2.2 ROM I've tried over the past month does not still have this bug... am I missing something? Not a deal breaker but definitely a major annoyance...