01-22-2011 11:33 PM
38 12
tools
    Thanks, I decided just to open and look, saw the apk's and thought "that seems to easy!" Yes, I had read clockwork, just hesitant to flashing themes and then having to reboot to saved and reload everything if I don't like it. Last time I had emergency fix, nothing saved worked, spent too much time reloading apps, etc. I have no idea, so don't need advise.

And as far as those battery mods go, that is what caused the problem that made me reflash and redo everything mentioned in paragraph 1 above. Again, not sure why, read about graphics, and something that was made for Epic made phone go nuts, so thank you for link but that's not what I want to do again.
    01-19-2011 08:46 AM
    Yes battery mods can mess with your phone. If its not intended for the Epic phone then there could be trouble. I can assure you that the battery mod I used in the Mini Theme v1.5 will not mess with your phone. I have been running it for about a week now and have had no issues.
    01-19-2011 08:55 AM
    I'm trying to install Midnight Theme 3.? with blue circle battery icon via Clockwork, running TrulyEpic Rebirth. It will not load, aborts.
    I have downloaded this from this website, from his website, for CW3.

Paul, I know yours will work, but I really like the black out pull down screen as well as the black dial pad, sick of gray.

No troubles with anything else, flashed Hulu while there, went fine, other installs have worked.

Any ideas? If yours has dialer, or planning on doing those mods, I will gladly use yours because of work and support you do!!
    01-19-2011 11:29 AM
    I'm trying to install Midnight Theme 3.? with blue circle battery icon via Clockwork, running TrulyEpic Rebirth. It will not load, aborts.
    I have downloaded this from this website, from his website, for CW3.

Paul, I know yours will work, but I really like the black out pull down screen as well as the black dial pad, sick of gray.

No troubles with anything else, flashed Hulu while there, went fine, other installs have worked.

Any ideas? If yours has dialer, or planning on doing those mods, I will gladly use yours because of work and support you do!!

Not currently doing any mods to Mini Theme v1.5 but you could flash the Mini Theme v1.5 and Flash Black_Dialer.

Problem solved. Mixed one up just for you.
    nmoreman likes this.
    01-19-2011 01:57 PM
    I understand you can have different themes for my Epic. Where do you choose the theme? Are they just loaded and the old theme is lost? Are they selected like wallpapers?

Thanks in advance....
    01-19-2011 11:38 PM
    I understand you can have different themes for my Epic. Where do you choose the theme? Are they just loaded and the old theme is lost? Are they selected like wallpapers?

Thanks in advance....
    zsince you didn't mention any specifics, if using TouchWiz, tap the menu button and select wallpapers, then select a background image from the gallery or Wallpaper gallery, or live wallpaper.

If you are using a third party launcher, you can download themes that will work with launcher, then choose a theme from within the other launcher you may be using. You can dowload other live wallpapers from the Market....
    01-20-2011 08:10 AM
    Are you talking about launcher themes or themes that require root access?
    01-20-2011 08:19 AM
    Are you talking about launcher themes or themes that require root access?
    Yes like the themes on the TrulyEpic page. I want to try them and go back if I don't care for them.
    01-20-2011 09:15 AM
    Since you can't uninstall a theme, you should always make a backup in Clockwork before flashing. That way if anything goes wrong or you don't like the theme, you can just restore your Clockwork backup and it'll be like nothing changed
    FSchmitthammer likes this.
    01-20-2011 12:52 PM
    Since you can't uninstall a theme, you should always make a backup in Clockwork before flashing. That way if anything goes wrong or you don't like the theme, you can just restore your Clockwork backup and it'll be like nothing changed
    Ok.. I will give it a try..... Thanks...
    01-20-2011 09:49 PM
    Paul or Rag,
    I would like to suggest you sticky this thread. I have become more comfortable playing with the phone, adding and subtracting items now that Clockwork has become so stable. So with more people rooting, going custom, themes will probably increase. And putting it there easy to read will help more people and maybe cut your workload questions if they see their question and answer.

And I found fun thing - you might know - I downloaded your theme, 1.5 with dialer, love it, but decided to play knowing I can revert to Backup. So downloaded Glass and Black and Blue Glass to see differences. Didn't wipe, just went over the top as you suggested. Since different themes have different parts covered, parts of one stay within parts of another unless you go to backup and start over.

Its actually interesting, has caused no issues, and no need to backup, so if anyone sees the mix, no panic. I had liked the looks of Supernova's Glass theme, put it over TImerwolf's, part of TW's stayed, part of Glass went on, put yours back on and had parts of theirs were you had made no changes.

And if you add changes, I did like the flying window animation.

But I'm putting this out there so no one panics.
    01-22-2011 09:55 AM
    Yes its tricky to know what will and will not be changed when overlapping themes. It can be fun playing around to see what you can come up with.
    01-22-2011 11:02 AM
    Paul or Rag,
    I would like to suggest you sticky this thread. I have become more comfortable playing with the phone, adding and subtracting items now that Clockwork has become so stable. So with more people rooting, going custom, themes will probably increase. And putting it there easy to read will help more people and maybe cut your workload questions if they see their question and answer.

And I found fun thing - you might know - I downloaded your theme, 1.5 with dialer, love it, but decided to play knowing I can revert to Backup. So downloaded Glass and Black and Blue Glass to see differences. Didn't wipe, just went over the top as you suggested. Since different themes have different parts covered, parts of one stay within parts of another unless you go to backup and start over.

Its actually interesting, has caused no issues, and no need to backup, so if anyone sees the mix, no panic. I had liked the looks of Supernova's Glass theme, put it over TImerwolf's, part of TW's stayed, part of Glass went on, put yours back on and had parts of theirs were you had made no changes.

And if you add changes, I did like the flying window animation.

But I'm putting this out there so no one panics.
    It's getting a little crowded in this section with stickies, but I'm all for adding this info to Paul's FAQ thread (hint hint ).
    01-22-2011 11:33 PM
38 12