So we've all talked about how touchwiz is more than a launcher- it's BAKED into the phone- the calendar, the addressbook the call log- are all SAMSUNGIZED- or TOUCHWIZ'D.

My understanding is the Nexus S is fully and completely in EVERY WAY Android. No Samsung anything. Seeing how it's Galaxy hardware- is there any chance the Nexus S Kernel/ROM will ever be ported to other Galaxy S phones? Will this be a problem for CDMA devices more than Tmob or ATT since they are GSM? Obviously the NFC chip options won't work.

I'm just curious if anyone is looking into a complete reflash restore of truly stock android allowing us to have root access of any official update the Nexus S gets.

If so- it'd be a huge benefit to the Samsung rooted community.
    02-04-2011 12:11 PM
    So we've all talked about how touchwiz is more than a launcher- it's BAKED into the phone- the calendar, the addressbook the call log- are all SAMSUNGIZED- or TOUCHWIZ'D.

My understanding is the Nexus S is fully and completely in EVERY WAY Android. No Samsung anything. Seeing how it's Galaxy hardware- is there any chance the Nexus S Kernel/ROM will ever be ported to other Galaxy S phones? Will this be a problem for CDMA devices more than Tmob or ATT since they are GSM? Obviously the NFC chip options won't work.

I'm just curious if anyone is looking into a complete reflash restore of truly stock android allowing us to have root access of any official update the Nexus S gets.

If so- it'd be a huge benefit to the Samsung rooted community.
    simply put no. i think it might be easier for the other galaxy s family since they are GsM. but definitely not the epic.

itd be awesome but no i just dont see it happening. i dont know too much about coding but i dont think its doable.
    if it was, id imagine it would have already been done. these android nerds/developers wouldve been all over it
    02-04-2011 12:20 PM
    So you're looking for the "pure" Android versions that are on the Nexus phones? We already have a mostly working version of pure Froyo. Gingerbread is currently being ported, but is likely a long ways off.
    02-04-2011 12:24 PM
    Thanks for the link reminder haven't read that thread since newyears-but it still sounds like its baked from a kit of parts by the XDA guys- it's 70+pages of complaints of things that don't work.

I was hoping that by porting Nexus S- it's code based on our hardware- and gingerbread to boot- all you need is to add CDMA modem and 4g support from the Epic froyo build and you're good...

Course that makes it sound easy and I'm sure it's not- but the CM for Epic build really sounds difficult- and I was hoping for TER type loading ease and reliability.

Not interested in broken compatibility with market apps and the like.
    02-04-2011 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD