Hi. I am an absolute noob so there may be an obvious answer to my problem that I just don't know enough to see.

Here's the problem: I've got the latest version of ROM Manager from the Market and while trying to download the Epic Recovery, I get a message saying "An error occurred while downloading your recovery."

Here's what I've tried: retrying the download over 4G and WiFi; uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling ROM Manager; uninstalling, not rebooting, and reinstalling ROM Manager. None of this has allowed me to complete the download.

Here's what I've already done to my Epic 4G: Used ClockworkMod Recovery to reformat to EXT4 and load Froyo DK28. I'm currently running Truly Epic Rebirth v1.2 AC Edition.

Please help. I have no idea what to do.

Thank you.
    02-05-2011 12:55 PM
    You already have ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5 - it was installed when you converted to EXT4. No need to install the recovery again, you're good to go.
    02-05-2011 02:51 PM
    Thanks for the quick help, ragnarokx.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but I don't see that recovery file in my "recoveries" directory in ClockworkMod. ClockworkMod is also not letting me make any backups.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
    02-05-2011 04:03 PM
    Are you using ROM Manager to backup, or ClockworkMod directly?
    02-05-2011 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD