[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

citiz

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone still have the official 2.2 download from the samsung website? i just got my phone and I miss the update. Can anyone help me out?

Really? Stay on the stock rom,it's better. May I suggest reading up on installing a custom rom. I did EXTENSIVE research on here on how to do it. So far I've tried out almost all of the Froyo custom roms. My wife was getting pissed at me because I wasn't watching TV with her, I was busy checking out different roms.
I'll probably stay custom until Gingerbread, I'll revert using Odin then I'll find a custom Gingerbread rom...

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to put the ViperRom on my epic, but i went to fast on everything and forgot to root im guessing and idk it just didnt work! so when i try to start my phone it comes to a screen with a computer and a little andriod person!
i have the stock rom and downloaded twice, i have Odin 1.0, 1.3, 1.7 and the correct PIT files. PLEASE help me i dont know what to do ! i need my phone asap thanks ALOT

[ i had tried putting gingerbread to ;; ]

See post #1 for instructions on how to use Odin to return to stock. If you get stuck at any particular step, post which one.

Tahe

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Quick Question - does this file (SPH-D700-EB13-8Gb-REL.tar.md5) need to have the ".md5" removed from the file name before flashing with Odin or does it matter?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Md5 is a checksum it will work without it but if its not working with it I would redownload and recheck connections before attempting to bypass the check

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Actually until recently I always removed the ".md5" because that is what we were always told to do back months ago. Now it seems everyone is rewriting the directions again and saying to use the ".md5". I guess either way its your choice. I understand the purpose behind the checksum.

Reactions: Tahe

Tahe

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
@ragnarokx, DroidXcon, and Paul627g -

Thanks so much for the responses to my questions.. for the past couple days :) I haven't updated yet, b/c I was still in "should I or shouldn't I" mode. I've pretty much made up my mind that I will install the EB13 update via Odin and the camera fix kernel in the very near future.

Depending on how that goes I may even consider rooting and flashing a custom rom. I have my eye on the "one stop shop" (EB13, pre-rooted, CWM3EXT4...)

...I ramble...thanks, again. I'll be sure to chime and let you know when I do it and how it's going/goes.

jg16

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Windows 32-bit

Trying to go to DI18 from the leaked Froyo that came out in november or whenever

Odin stalls at param.lfs every time. Help?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Glad it worked.. Yep rooting can be a pain in the rear sometimes... As much as I have rooted time and time again there has been a few occasions where I had to run it 3 or 4 times to get it to take.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
This thread is magical!! I reset my Epic using Procedure 1 and it worked great.

I had a small scare where Odin said the process failed. When I unplugged my phone I got some image on my screen and couldn't do anything (power on/off, ect.). As directed in the troubleshooting, I took the battery out and all went well :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This thread is magical!! I reset my Epic using Procedure 1 and it worked great.

I had a small scare where Odin said the process failed. When I unplugged my phone I got some image on my screen and couldn't do anything (power on/off, ect.). As directed in the troubleshooting, I took the battery out and all went well :)

Great to hear! Taking out the battery to run Odin does work miracles.. ;)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Great to hear! Taking out the battery to run Odin does work miracles.. ;)

It sure does!! Now I'm gonna root my Epic to include CWM3. I bought the phone rooted from eBay but it had CWM2 and I couldn't update it for whatever reason. I'm read everything 5 times first before I attempt to root :p

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
cannot get DI18 to reinstall even with odin. the md5 file from this post. it crashes out. ive re downloaded it. and odin. repeatedly. and it still glitches. i want to go back to DI18 so i can try to get EC05 running. any better links?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante