Official Froyo EB13 Source Code Download

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It is official Froyo, but source code only. Won't do you any good unless you're a developer. But at least this confirms our Monday release.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, but if they use this source code and make a .tar file with the appropriate kernal will it be flashable with odin? If that is the case would you be able to flash with odin over dk28 or do you have to return to di18?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Odin wipes everything squeaky clean when it flashes. Doesn't matter what OS/version you're on. When we get a working .tar file, you can flash your phone as is (but of course everything will be erased and you will loose root, EXT4, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: dtm_stretch

kra2y

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
When the ota update shows up will it force me to download and install or can I deny it. With my pre it was forced install.

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
When the ota update shows up will it force me to download and install or can I deny it. With my pre it was forced install.
if you are running a custom ROM without Sprint bloatware, you won't get the OTA. You will just get a message that you are already up to date.

Reactions: tomy2001

Clorox Kid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Open source release for the Epic 4G Questions

I hate to be a noob, but I don't understand all the recent talk about the new Froyo release for the Epic. The Epic is my first Android phone ever and its proven to be a solid choice, but if it gets better, then I'd love to see how much better. It's Feb 21 and my phone has not received the upgrade, what does this mean? Do I download the Open Source Code on Samsung's website? Do I just wait? :-\ Any help would be appreciated.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just wait for the notification to come on your phone. Open source code was only valueable to the developers. Nothing to install

robomav

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
you do not download that. the open source code is for the developers. you will be able to update your phone over the air so you can have your phone manually check (settings - about phone - system update - update firmware) to see if it is available yet or wait for your phone to receive the update notification

EDIT: Paul beat me to it. What he says.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I hate to be a noob, but I don't understand all the recent talk about the new Froyo release for the Epic. The Epic is my first Android phone ever and its proven to be a solid choice, but if it gets better, then I'd love to see how much better. It's Feb 21 and my phone has not received the upgrade, what does this mean? Do I download the Open Source Code on Samsung's website? Do I just wait? :-\ Any help would be appreciated.

Don'forget... This is supposed to be a 4 day push, you may not get the update util the 25th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12