[MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Source : [MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13! xda- developers

Developer/Credit: Dameon87

Summmary: Updated ClockWorkMod v3.0.0.5/6 to EXT4 Conversion for Froyo EB13

Installation Instructions:

1. Unzip to your desktop.
2. Go into your phone and Go to settings->Applications->Development and turn on USB Debugging.
3. Now double click run.bat in the folder you unzipped. (If you are on linux ./run.sh from the folder)
4. Wait for everything to happen.
5. Use the THREE BUTTON METHOD to get to CWM3.
6. Flash the Default Stock Dual FS kernel For EB13 (See developers site for Kernel link)
7. Enjoy CWM 3.0.0.5/6

Reactions: simple503

jrohrig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Paul, what if I am already rooted using the earlier oneclickroot method? Will that interfere with this install?

inkdup102586

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So I did all this last night, and when i boot up in the middle of the sprint animation, it just flashes "android". but everything seems to work fine?

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So I did all this last night, and when i boot up in the middle of the sprint animation, it just flashes "android". but everything seems to work fine?

Looks like you need to flash a custom boot animation. The EXT4 kernel supports custom boot screens, but somehow messes up the stock? Either way, once you flash a custom boot animation, you should be ok. I personally like the Nexus boot screens. :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you need to flash a custom boot animation. The EXT4 kernel supports custom boot screens, but somehow messes up the stock? Either way, once you flash a custom boot animation, you should be ok. I personally like the Nexus boot screens. :D

Yes we need to flash a custom boot screen. No it didn't mess up the stock boot animation, that was done on purpose to show that the new kernel supported the animated boot screens.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes we need to flash a custom boot screen. No it didn't mess up the stock boot animation, that was done on purpose to show that the new kernel supported the animated boot screens.

can the boot animations that was offered with TER be flashable? :O and im going to use your 1.8 theme too paul, though could you make one with the Stock Mail app and not the galaxytab one?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe the TER v1.8 has the stock email app in it, I pulled whatever was directly in TER 1.5

You can try the animations out. Just make a backup incase...

Reactions: Kikoshi

viper7th

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
i flashed a boot animation and it didnt get rid of the sprint 4g animation that it goes over. how can I get rid of the stock ani(s) and leave the custom?

Edit: I see the stock ani and the custom at the sametime. i.e.: the screen sorta flashes/glitches back and forth very quickly, and I am using a samsung epic with new froyo eb13 update and its rooted, obviously.

iamyourdemize

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I am getting "Phone is not connected" when trying to run the bat file. It most certainly is plugged in, on USB Debugging and the phone works as expected when I put it into Mass Storage mode.

Things I have tried:
1.) Tried 2 different USB cables (including the OEM)
2.) Tried different USB ports
3.) Rebooted phone and PC multiple times
4.) Re-installed Samsung drivers

I was able to root back on DK28.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
hey i dwnloaded this file from xda developers (dameon87) and it was laced with the rageagainstthecage virus (trojan horse virus). So beware friends. luckily my antivirus caught it. BEWARE,BEWARE!!!!

rageagainstthecage is the necessary file for rooting your phone. Without it, you won't have a rooted device.

The reason why your antivirus is catching it is because recently is was listed as an exploit thus your antivirus database was updated to treat it as bad.

You need to disable your antivirus while running the rooting packages or else you will run into this and end up with problems.

Trust me anything Dameon87 puts out is SAFE, we in the rooting and hacking community owe alot of thanks to Dameon87 along with dozens of others for making all this we do possible ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae