Froyo EB13 Pre-Rooted, Deodexed, with Clockwork - RFS & EXT4

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
These are two .tar files for use with Odin. No matter what version of Android you're on, if you're rooted or not, have a custom ROM or not, etc - this will give you a clean slate of rooted EB13 with ClockworkMod Recovery. One version has an RFS filesystem, and the other has an EXT4 filesystem. For an explanation on filesystems and RFS/EXT4, go here.

Note: this will wipe your entire system. For a rooting & Clockwork with EXT4 optional conversion that does not wipe your phone, you can use this rooting method.

Download files to flash with Odin here. You have two options: "Stock EB13 with Clockwork 2.5 and RFS" and "Stock EB13 Deodexed EXT4 + CW 3.0.0.6".

Here are the instructions taken from the above thread:

Stock EB13 with Clockwork 2.5 and RFS

Instructions:
Step 1. Boot your phone into download by powering off your phone holding 1 on the keyboard and holding power til you see the little Yellow digger.
Step 2. On your computer launch the included odin.exe and select the included victory pit and under PDA select the included EB13-Extended-2.5.tar
Step 3. Plug in the usb cable.(if it's done right you should see a yellow Com device.)
Step 4. Click Start and wait.

Stock EB13 Deodexed EXT4 + CW 3.0.0.6

Instructions:
Step 1. Boot your phone into download by powering off your phone holding 1 on the keyboard and holding power til you see the little Yellow digger.
Step 2. On your computer launch the included odin.exe and select the included EB13-ext4.pit and under PDA select the included EB13-Extended-3.tar
Step 3. Plug in the usb cable.(if it's done right you should see a yellow Com device.)
Step 4. Tick Repartition
Step 4. Click Start and wait.

Last edited:

sferrell615

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
awesome. thanks!!!
question...for stock eb13 rfs, is there a difference between "EB13-Extended-2.5.tar" or "EB13-Extended-3.tar"? guessing it has to do with clockworkmod version; however, didn't see any mention of stock eb13 rfs with clockworkmod version 3 prior.

LS2982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Is this worth getting with the reported bugs out? I have midNIGHT rom installed now is it better?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am currently running TER so this seems like the easiest way to EB13.

Will I be able to restore with Titanium or MyBackup after this method?

Thanks!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Is this worth getting with the reported bugs out? I have midNIGHT rom installed now is it better?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

This is just a faster way to get EB13 and root/EXT4. Unless you did something wrong during your install, it will be no different bug-wise.

I am currently running TER so this seems like the easiest way to EB13.

Will I be able to restore with Titanium or MyBackup after this method?

Thanks!

Don't see why not. I would make a backup in Clockwork beforehand just in case anything goes wrong with TB or MB.

Reactions: damicrobe

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
After reading the forum at XDA it seems that there are significant issues with Blue Tooth on the EXT4 version but not with RFS. Is that also a problem with other methods of getting to EB13 w/EXT4?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I believe that problem lies with the kernel that allows you to run EXT4, so no getting around it until an updated kernel is posted.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
quick quesiton ragnarok, when i click repartition, should i leave all the other options enabled as it is? ( auto reboot, F.reset time ) ? or only Repartition?

sandman512

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
First, thanks much for the post, I used the method in Post #1, Stock EB13 with Clockwork 2.5 and RFS and have my EPIC up and running. Now that I am slowly learning the way, can I flash to any ROM now? If so, by what method should I flash? Sorry for the noob post. THANKS!
PS: Any recommendations on ROMS?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
First, thanks much for the post, I used the method in Post #1, Stock EB13 with Clockwork 2.5 and RFS and have my EPIC up and running. Now that I am slowly learning the way, can I flash to any ROM now? If so, by what method should I flash? Sorry for the noob post. THANKS!
PS: Any recommendations on ROMS?
You can select any ROMs from our list. Just check the features list/change logs and see which are RFS compatible or you can always convert to CWM3.0.0.6/EXT4 and check out the other ROMs that require that format.

Where always here to help..

sandman512

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Paul,
First and foremost, thanks. This forum has helped in many ways, especially when I started messing with things I should of. My next question, if you don't mind? How do I flash to a ROM that is compatible, how can I tell what ROM is compatible. How can I go to CWM 3.0.0.6/EXT4 is need be?
Lastly, any ROMS you recommend?
THANKS!:)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Paul,
First and foremost, thanks. This forum has helped in many ways, especially when I started messing with things I should of. My next question, if you don't mind? How do I flash to a ROM that is compatible, how can I tell what ROM is compatible. How can I go to CWM 3.0.0.6/EXT4 is need be?
Lastly, any ROMS you recommend?
THANKS!:)
Just check the features list or change log and look for it saying RFS system (which is what your running now) or EXT4 which is what you could convert to using.

[Root] Samsung Epic 4G Official Froyo EB13 w/Optional EXT4 Go to part 2 of the procedure to convert to EXT4.

ROMs are you choice friend.. Right now on EB13 they are all basically close to stock with some minor mods and theme changes so take a look around and see what fits your tastes.

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Woa! :confused: the info in this thread is really valuable! how is it not a sticky!? :eek: im sure A LOT of people would like to have an option for a ready .tar file to flash and go from there, as opposed to flash completely stock >> root >> convert >> flash rom.

...just my h.o. :-[

ps. i think copying post 1 between posts 3&4 (for example) of this thread would be great! :D

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
From post #1 of the thread mentioned above:
---------------------
Alternative Method
This thread has flashable Odin files that will give you a pre-rooted version of Froyo EB13 with Clockwork and RFS or EXT4. If the below rooting procedure does not work for you, or if you are not on Froyo EB13 already and would like to upgrade and get root/Clockwork at the same time, this may be for you. Note: This will wipe your entire system, whereas the below rooting procedure will not.
---------------------

Reactions: T3HKMAN

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
ah, i see... sorry, i guess either i may have read that post before that was added or it didnt click to me what it was exactly... so i had to do it the long way every time :'( ... ... ... damn...

well, at least NOW i know.

sandman512

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Just check the features list or change log and look for it saying RFS system (which is what your running now) or EXT4 which is what you could convert to using.

[Root] Samsung Epic 4G Official Froyo EB13 w/Optional EXT4 Go to part 2 of the procedure to convert to EXT4.

ROMs are you choice friend.. Right now on EB13 they are all basically close to stock with some minor mods and theme changes so take a look around and see what fits your tastes.

Paul,

If I decide to go to part two and "add" the EXT-4 part, will that wipe my system or will just add it on? THANKS!