* Fully Deodexed
* No Battery Full Pop-Up
* EXT4 Support

Last edited:
Reactions: gitit20

bigrawr

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't sure which ones you wanted, and not sure how much help these will be as I use GoLauncher instead of TW, but here you go...

bdog421

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about the genocide kernel, I flashed genocide last night and now I want to try the supernova rom. So am I ok to flash the supernova rom over the genocide kernel I already have?

big_bake

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
used a bootanimation, red dial pad, and the battery full popup fix and all work great. I'm weighing my option on themes right now, but I do like that you kept with TW. Keep up the great work a454nova

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I think i am going to dive in to this soon i know enough about android now and have played around under the hood enough to know were stuff is..

bigrawr

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Can you tell me what mods you added to this? themes ext ext...?

Thanks

The only thing I have added is GoLauncher. That's it. No theme, no other mods. I was on DK28 running ext4 with the midnight rom, but completely wiped my phone when I flashed EB13 via Odin. Since this rom was RFS compatible, I decided to give it a try. Battery life has been phenomenal and blue tooth works again (ext4 issue).

Hope that helped?

big_bake

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Not to take away from this thread, but BT has been reported working on SyndicateROM and that's ext4. Just in case that's holding you back lil rawr

Reactions: bigrawr

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
When you say phenomenal battery life, can you give real world examples? I'm coming from Baked Snack 1.6 which I just can't seem to give up due to it's epic battery.

bigrawr

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not to take away from this thread, but BT has been reported working on SyndicateROM and that's ext4. Just in case that's holding you back lil rawr

That's precisely what was holding me back. I will take a look, thanks!

When you say phenomenal battery life, can you give real world examples? I'm coming from Baked Snack 1.6 which I just can't seem to give up due to it's epic battery.

I suppose I should re-word my original post to read "phenomenal battery life for an average to somewhat heavy user"? Real world example...yesterday. Off charger at 5am. Checked email several times an hour, minimal texting, blue tooth on all day, checked Facebook several times, some web browsing. Still had over 40% battery life left at 10pm. To me, coming from having almost no battery life after only 6 hours off charger, this is phenomenal. Maybe not so much to others...

I will play around today with Tunein or Pandora going...and get in some angry birds and report back.

LASuxs

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
anybody know if there's a way of disabling or fixing the adblocking host file? causes some applications force close on me now due to it. other than that was loving this rom

bdog421

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth in ext4 works its just pairing and connecting has to be done in wireless settings, not automatic.
And I just did the oneclick cwm3 over this rom from rfs and didn't have to flash the kernel or deodexed eb13 rom, also had all my data intact......I love not having to restore!!! Quadrant went up from about 1150 on rfs to 1700 ext4, big boost on such an easy mod.

Thanks a454nova for this very nicely put together rom and a very big thanks to ragnarokx and paul for all the instructions that are very well written, again thanks for helping me make my epic4G a truly epic smartphone!! Err I mean a super computer :-!

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
anybody know if there's a way of disabling or fixing the adblocking host file? causes some applications force close on me now due to it. other than that was loving this rom

Download AdFree from the market and select revert. That should reset the ad blocking host file.

Reactions: LASuxs

bigrawr

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth in ext4 works its just pairing and connecting has to be done in wireless settings, not automatic.

I could get it to pair fine but it wouldn't complete the download of the phone book, and my steering wheel controls wouldn't work because of that. When I reverted back to RFS, everything worked as it should. I may try again to see if the issues have been fixed. Does anyone know if you can go from ext4 back to rfs without wiping the phone (in case it doesn't work)?

Thanks a454nova for this very nicely put together rom and a very big thanks to ragnarokx and paul for all the instructions that are very well written, again thanks for helping me make my epic4G a truly epic smartphone!! Err I mean a super computer :-!

+1

bdog421

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I could get it to pair fine but it wouldn't complete the download of the phone book, and my steering wheel controls wouldn't work because of that. When I reverted back to RFS, everything worked as it should. I may try again to see if the issues have been fixed. Does anyone know if you can go from ext4 back to rfs without wiping the phone (in case it doesn't work)?

I apologize, I miss understood. When people say breaks bt I take that as anything bt will no longer work. I only use bt for streaming music. I won't touch the rest of your post, as I'm such a noob to all this moding stuff.

bigrawr

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Update on real world battery life...

Played Pandora for over an hour, heavy texting and some actual phone usage, moderate browser usage, BT on (never turn it off) and heavy email usage. Finally had to charge at 9% after being off charger for 16 hours.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the battery life with this rom!

Reactions: jrz5024

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke