Baked Snack Froyo EB13/EC05 "More Undisputed ;)"

fab5valentine

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm really happy with Baked Snack 2.3. I have been thinking of trying Bonsai 4.0.1 with the BS Kernel but switching ROMs is somewhat dramatizing to me, but I'm getting better and making back ups sure does help (he he..) .

Anyway my experience with 2.3 with the ADWEx launcher has been great. It is very fast, very snappy and very smooth. I've been charging my phone at night in the 70% range as before its been in the 40% or lower range. I've been searching for better battery life and this ROM indeed shows it. Also, I have a double sized battery and I'm pleased with that as well. The amount it protrudes out makes the device even easier to hold.

Baked Snack has held up to my expectations. I'm still looking at better battery life, and next I will be looking into better reception as well. Just wanted to give the nod to hero_over, I'm very pleased and really enjoying my Epic 4g.

Any apps that really save battery would be helpful for anyone to suggest, but I'm under the impression that most don't work too well. Also, please keep combinations of ROMs and Kernels for better battery life coming. As Android Central Forums have been really great!!!

Thanks!!!

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Any apps that really save battery would be helpful for anyone to suggest, but I'm under the impression that most don't work too well. Also, please keep combinations of ROMs and Kernels for better battery life coming. As Android Central Forums have been really great!!!

Thanks!!!

If you use your phone mostly indoors, I'd recommend Screen Filter. It allows you to dim the screen past the low settings, which saves a bit of batter.

Reactions: fab5valentine

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Question on BS kernels. I was using the 1.2low kernel from the 2.2 ROM build and getting excellent battery life. I am currently using 1.2low from the 2.3 ROM build, and despite supposed major tweaks to the coding for better battery, in my experience, my battery life is actually worse, and I am thinking about going back to the prior kernel.

I should caveat that by saying I'm currently on Bonsai 4.0 ROM. Is there anything specific to the new kernel vs the old kernel that might affect it's functioning on one ROM vs another? In other words, is it actually possible that the old BS kernel just happens to function better with Bonsai than the new one, while the new one might work better with BS 2.3?

Anyone that's used both on multiple ROMs and could comment would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Question on BS kernels. I was using the 1.2low kernel from the 2.2 ROM build and getting excellent battery life. I am currently using 1.2low from the 2.3 ROM build, and despite supposed major tweaks to the coding for better battery, in my experience, my battery life is actually worse, and I am thinking about going back to the prior kernel.

I should caveat that by saying I'm currently on Bonsai 4.0 ROM. Is there anything specific to the new kernel vs the old kernel that might affect it's functioning on one ROM vs another? In other words, is it actually possible that the old BS kernel just happens to function better with Bonsai than the new one, while the new one might work better with BS 2.3?

Anyone that's used both on multiple ROMs and could comment would be much appreciated...

Thanks
It is possible that the ol kernel could be performing better. It seems like the slightest tweaks to these kernels can have an overall effect on everything.

I just saw on BS forum that the RNDIS bug in the BS kernels will be fixed in the next release
and some more speed/better battery.

Reactions: a_c_s

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It is possible that the ol kernel could be performing better. It seems like the slightest tweaks to these kernels can have an overall effect on everything.

I just saw on BS forum that the RNDIS bug in the BS kernels will be fixed in the next release
and some more speed/better battery.

Could you explain in layman's terms what the RNDIS but actually is? Thx

ttriplett1

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Running 2.3 now but I noticed the lock screen looks funky, the "lock" looks fuzzy like the .png doesn't render right. Didn't notice this in 2.1... Also, maybe its just me but I'm not a fan of the new notification bar, guess I can change that. Still getting a read on battery life with the 1.28low kernel.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Running 2.3 now but I noticed the lock screen looks funky, the "lock" looks fuzzy like the .png doesn't render right. Didn't notice this in 2.1... Also, maybe its just me but I'm not a fan of the new notification bar, guess I can change that. Still getting a read on battery life with the 1.28low kernel.
Yes many people have commented on the lockscreen looking funny.

fab5valentine

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I wandered over to the Team Viper page today and was looking on the video of SenErgY 5.0. I noticed that their new Anarchy launcher was a load separate from the ROM, so I fooled around and downloaded it from my phone. I've been having a blast with it all day.. Is my phone going to blow up? The transition animation are very cool, and a widget app dock that has limit less apps you can have in it. As well as the main dock too. Pretty cool!! Now my question is as before: will this in some way affect me running on BS 2.3?? The only burp I've seen is after closing out dophin browser it revert back to web with a blank page, need to kill as a task, I'll work on that, maybe a setup error.

Has any one else tried this launcher?

Last edited:

fab5valentine

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
To change from 1.2low kernel to 1.28low kernel do I just go to CWM and flash it. Or do I have to flash 2.3 ROM over and immediately flash a new Kernel before rebooting? How can I tell what Kernel I'm actually on?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
To change from 1.2low kernel to 1.28low kernel do I just go to CWM and flash it. Or do I have to flash 2.3 ROM over and immediately flash a new Kernel before rebooting? How can I tell what Kernel I'm actually on?

Just boot into CWM and flash the 1.28 low kernel.

You can tell by how far you can adjust your max settings in SetCPU or OverClock Widget.

Remember you will have to probably run OneClickRoot again to re establish root.

Reactions: fab5valentine

shiftr182

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me where I can get a link to baked snack 2.3? maybe send me a link? I hear all this stuff about this rom, but cant find it anywhere.

Thanks...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781