[Index] Froyo EC05 ROM's, Kernels, Themes & Mods 7/25/11

anon(67968)

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I know I should know the answer to this but... I'm using SFR 1.1 and I flashed the ASOP Lockscreen yesterday and I want to uninstall it. How do I go about doing so, or do I just need to wipe data/cache/dalvik and start over?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I know I should know the answer to this but... I'm using SFR 1.1 and I flashed the ASOP Lockscreen yesterday and I want to uninstall it. How do I go about doing so, or do I just need to wipe data/cache/dalvik and start over?

I would just flash SFR 1.1 over it all and it will erase it. Just make sure to do a back up in CWM just in case.

Reactions: anon(67968)

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Please clarify a question I have regarding ROMs / Backups / Restores = once I "backup" a ROM with the Theme and Apps I want in CWM3 ( say 3 - 4 or even more ) , if I want to change to a different one of my "backups" , all I need to do is get into CWM3 and select the "backup" I want and then reboot WITHOUT having to do the usual wipes like when I first flash a new ROM ?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Please clarify a question I have regarding ROMs / Backups / Restores = once I "backup" a ROM with the Theme and Apps I want in CWM3 ( say 3 - 4 or even more ) , if I want to change to a different one of my "backups" , all I need to do is get into CWM3 and select the "backup" I want and then reboot WITHOUT having to do the usual wipes like when I first flash a new ROM ?
I always do the wipes like I'm installing a new ROM. The way I look at it is your restoring a backup which is a "customized" version of a ROM you installed and made a backup. So I treat restoring backups just like installing a new ROM.

That is just the way I do it, I'm sure we have our own ways.

Reactions: TexasEpic4G

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
OK - THX -that's why I was asking. For some reason I thought I might "accidently" mess something up on my "saved" versions if I did the usual 3 wipes. But , that is the whole reason why we make a "backup" to begin with , huh ... LOL ! As usual , you are the man with the answers Paul = THX. ( FYI = I just had to try out that Emotionless Beast Theme on ACE 2.0 = COOL ! )

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Just remember to backup your data if there is anything you need to save from the current stuff before wiping and restoring the other ROM back.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
FYI / Update to anyone else who may be doing "Backup / Restore" ( I just found this out the hard way unfortunately for me ... LOL ) do NOT rename your "backup" , you need to leave it just like CWM names it. I renamed my 3 backups as ACE , Bonsai , Syndicate - but when I tried to "restore" I got an error message about md5 something or the other and kept getting rebooted into my current ROM. qbking77 was kind enuff to send me to a linked thread that talks about errors when renaming your backups = so just be careful with that if you plan on making any backups.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
FYI = I just applied this theme (Theme Name: ::Androdena::Galaxy:: "Cynox" Edition V1.0 LITE ) to ACE 2.0 and it looks really nice. You all may want to give it a try on your ROM.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Update - there is a new theme for that Urban Fury ROM as well , but not sure if it will work on other ROMs as well ( haven't tried it on another one yet - but it looks good on Urban Fury )

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had a chance to try out SRF 1.1.1 / Frankenstein and SuperNova = they are all very good. Unfortunately my phone is a little weird and I had some FCs/Freezes with Frank & SuperNova , but SRF 1.1.1 runs great on my phone. Recommend you try them all out and see what works best for you :cool:

EDIT : just wanted to update folks regarding Frankenstein and SuperNova ROMs - since the time of my original posting back in May I've had the opportunity to reflash both of them several times with NO problems at all ... the FC/Freezes were actually due to my phone which I found out thru experience does not do well with Undervolting ( at all ) / Overclocking ( does sleep of death at 100 setting ) :)

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
:: Update ::

Added 2 more themes, Gingerbread 4.1.1 for Bonsai 1.1.1 and SteelBlue
Added Mod, [mod][port]EE03&EC05_6_lockscreens

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Rom posting etiquette

So I managed to create my own hybrid rom from SRF 1.2/RandomRom/Genecide/Erebos that is a little lighter and darker themed with a couple of mods in it and I would like to share my rom with the users of AC. I am curious as to the etiquette of posting it though. Should I contact each developer individually and ask for permission to post the rom or should I just make sure to thank all the REAL developers in the post? I did not do any real developing of this rom I just borrowed a bunch of my favorite feature and made a flashable zip.

Edit: Or is something I shouldn't even waste my time doing as no one really wants something like this?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rom posting etiquette

So I managed to create my own hybrid rom from SRF 1.2/RandomRom/Genecide/Erebos that is a little lighter and darker themed with a couple of mods in it and I would like to share my rom with the users of AC. I am curious as to the etiquette of posting it though. Should I contact each developer individually and ask for permission to post the rom or should I just make sure to thank all the REAL developers in the post? I did not do any real developing of this rom I just borrowed a bunch of my favorite feature and made a flashable zip.

Edit: Or is something I shouldn't even waste my time doing as no one really wants something like this?
You can just create your own thread, apply thanks or credit to those who you used pieces from and call it good...

Reactions: dtm_stretch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis