[Root] Samsung Epic 4G Official Froyo EC05 w/Optional EXT4

SooprmanX

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on EC05 through the OTA update and am having issues. I want to reinstall the EC05 ROM with the EX4 file system because it looks pretty appealing. Forgive my noob-ness but this is how I am seeing I need to do.....

I will root my phone using the second post in this thread. Then I will go to the other thread listed on step 0 of procedure 1 on the third post of this thread and "downgrade" my phone to EB13. Then I will choose an EX4 ROM that I like and finish procedure 2.

Then, after that, I am on EC05 with a rooted phone, better file system, and a "cooler" ROM than stock. Am I understanding the steps correctly?

ineyeseekay

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
If your Clockwork has green text, you skipped Step 0.

I did the Froyo EC05 Prerooted/ClockWorkMod v2.5.1.0 (RFS Filesystem) Odexed. NO DATA WIPE/LOSS and then followed Paul's instructions to jump to Procedure 2 and Step 2, which means I should have never looked at step 0. So are you saying Paul is wrong?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am currently on EC05 through the OTA update and am having issues. I want to reinstall the EC05 ROM with the EX4 file system because it looks pretty appealing. Forgive my noob-ness but this is how I am seeing I need to do.....

I will root my phone using the second post in this thread. Then I will go to the other thread listed on step 0 of procedure 1 on the third post of this thread and "downgrade" my phone to EB13. Then I will choose an EX4 ROM that I like and finish procedure 2.

Then, after that, I am on EC05 with a rooted phone, better file system, and a "cooler" ROM than stock. Am I understanding the steps correctly?

Yes, currently that is the only way to get to a deodexed custom ROM running EXT4 filesystem.

Bottom line there has been very little development with EC05. The devs are hesitant to start working on it, there was a holdup in getting the required files needed to start building ROMs and we still haven't gotten an official .tar from Sprint or Sammy.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My phone is on baked snack 2.2 and it will stay for a while. I love this rom. I do not have any complain. I am not going to buy a new phone such as Nexsus S or Evo 3d. Because my epic is just about getting Gingerbread as soon as Dameon87 have his Gingerbread rom up and running :cool:

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I did the Froyo EC05 Prerooted/ClockWorkMod v2.5.1.0 (RFS Filesystem) Odexed. NO DATA WIPE/LOSS and then followed Paul's instructions to jump to Procedure 2 and Step 2, which means I should have never looked at step 0. So are you saying Paul is wrong?

It doesn't matter what you did in the past - you can't skip steps if you want EXT4 on EC05.

Sent by a little green robot

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Since there are not some many custom rom working on EC05. I will not get the new update EC05 until I see a good custom rom that I like.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Since there are not some many custom rom working on EC05. I will not get the new update EC05 until I see a good custom rom that I like.
Good idea.. Heck I would still be running leaked DK28 if it wasn't so outdated now...

mauricio36

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
help pleaze

i need help installing a rom on my samsung epic i have rom manager and i am fully rooted someone told me that rom manager doesnt work with epic

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
To install a ROM, place it to the root of your sdcard, go into cwm, go to install from sd card, then to choose zip from sd card, and flash your ROM from there. But make sure it is the same filesystem as yours!

Reactions: mauricio36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC