Can I upgrade to EC05 (w/ root) if I have CWM?

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Can I upgrade to EC05 (w/ root) if I have CWM? I can flash new roms with having software like Odin on my Evo... I don't keep up with the Epic as much as it is my wife's phone. Would I just be able to get a zipped file of the rom, put it on the memory card and flash it and wipe the cache, or should I go and use the Odin method.
Thanks!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you have ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.6 (orange recovery screen text), then follow Procedure 2 of this thread.

If you have ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.0 (green recovery screen text), I believe this ROM is the only one that will work for you out of the box.

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Clarification regarding CWM

If you have ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.6 (orange recovery screen text), then follow Procedure 2 of this thread.

If you have ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.0 (green recovery screen text), I believe this ROM is the only one that will work for you out of the box.

What if I have CWM v3.0.0.5 (It has orange text)? I am currently running TrulyEpic v1.2AC Edition w/EXT file

Can I use my CWM to flash any of the EC05 ROMs that are EXT compatible?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What if I have CWM v3.0.0.5 (It has orange text)? I am currently running TrulyEpic v1.2AC Edition w/EXT file

Can I use my CWM to flash any of the EC05 ROMs that are EXT compatible?

I take it your running EB13 then?? If so then yes you can flash either Bonsai or midNIGHT.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I take it your running EB13 then?? If so then yes you can flash either Bonsai or midNIGHT.

so then if I want to flash the EC05 roms, the kernel of EC05 needs to be flashed due to me being in EB13? then if i want to revert to a EB13 rom, in this case a backup of AC do i just wipe wipe, and flash the backup? or first the aC rom then the back up?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
so then if I want to flash the EC05 roms, the kernel of EC05 needs to be flashed due to me being in EB13? then if i want to revert to a EB13 rom, in this case a backup of AC do i just wipe wipe, and flash the backup? or first the aC rom then the back up?

Okay if your on EB13, you need to flash the EC05 modem which is available from Bonsai, midNIGHT or Syndicate. Then you wipe 3x and flash the ROM.

If your already on EC05 then just make sure you have done the EXT4 conversion, wipe 3x and flash the ROM (no modem flash needed)

On EB13 and you want to go from EC05 ROM back to a EB13 based ROM, just wipe 3x and flash the EB13 ROM or restore your backup if you have one.

P.S. I will be happy once were all on one version of Froyo..

Reactions: Kikoshi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech