Hi Ive done a little searching but cant seem to find my answer and advice. I have my epic rooted with clockwork and baked snack kernal. I just recieved ota ec05 but don't know if i should install it. I would like to have froyo and stay rooted with all my data and apps. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    03-26-2011 03:33 PM
    I'm gonna say don't try to run the update unless your running a stock rom, you're just asking for problems, if you want EB05 revert to stock first or follow the directions in the sticky.
    03-26-2011 03:43 PM
    DO NOT UPDATE!!! If you are rooted and running the baked snack kernel you will run into issues. If you are running the baked snack kernel that would me you are already on Froyo. Since you are rooted just back everything up with my back up root or titanium back up then use the wipe method found here http://forum.androidcentral.com/epic...fs-odexed.html to put you on the most current/stock/rooted version. New kernels and roms should be coming out shortly.
    03-26-2011 03:43 PM
    I'm gonna say don't try to run the update unless your running a stock rom, you're just asking for problems, if you want EB05 revert to stock first or follow the directions in the sticky.
    Bugger! You beat me too it.
    03-26-2011 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD