Restoring bloatware

ggbballer96

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
i have looked everywhere but can't find an answer to these questions:

If i flash a rom that deletes all the sprint bloatware, then use odin to go back to stock ec05 will i get the bloatware back?
If i flash a backup that i made with CWM would i get the sprint bloatware back?

I am sorry for the noob question that has probably been asked but i couldn't find the answers anywhere

Reactions: boo11

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
also if i convert my epic to ext4 and i flash the ec05 will it go back to rfs?

If you use Odin to flash EC05, you will go back to RFS. If you use Clockwork to flash an EC05 based ROM, you will retain your EXT4 filesystem.

if not is it possible to go from ext4 to rfs?

It is - you just need to use Odin to flash to stock/RFS Froyo.

ggbballer96

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you
I noticed that you are the person who wrote this post (http://forum.androidcentral.com/epi...c-4g-official-froyo-eb13-w-optional-ext4.html) so if you wouldnt mind me asking you another question here it goes:
I rooted my fone just to install apps like ShootMe and SetCPU but now i want to install a custom rom. So basically, I would use your post to convert to EXT4, then I would place the Rom that I want to flash to on my sd card. Then I would just boot into CWM and flash that Rom? (sorry for this question, but im fourteen and i'm just trying to be extra cautious with this stuff)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You've definitely got the right idea. Just follow the instructions in that thread you posted, don't skip any steps, and you should be up and running with a custom ROM in no time.

Reactions: ggbballer96

ggbballer96

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much
also, can i always odin back to stock di18 or ec05 (like if i brick my phone or something) or is there something i could do that would stop my phone from working

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
you could always start off and odin an ext4 ready prerooted odin package first, then after that flash away.. and i would recomend doing ec05 first. also there is a zip by nubecoder that will delete or reinstall any sprint app just by configuring a cfg file then flashing it in cwm..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21