Text from Sprint after using Thethering for Root Users

Chetbungo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am running Bonsai v4.0.1, and i tried the wifi tethering for root users today for the first time ever, and about 10 - 15 mins after trying it (only used it for like 5 mins for about 4mb's, only looking something up real quick for work) i received a text messege from sprint about tethering with a link sending me to the website about turning it on on my account?!?! anyone else have this, i thought this was undetectable? should i worry?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Probably just a promotional message. Sprint knows what is going on, you can bet on that. But for the small percentage of users that are getting free tethering from rooting probably doesn't compare to the amount of people they are making money from that pay for the hotspot.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Probably just a promotional message. Sprint knows what is going on, you can bet on that. But for the small percentage of users that are getting free tethering from rooting probably doesn't compare to the amount of people they are making money from that pay for the hotspot.

You bet. Sprint is using its tools in order to get more people on its $30 plan. You know making money$.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I am running Bonsai v4.0.1, and i tried the wifi tethering for root users today for the first time ever, and about 10 - 15 mins after trying it (only used it for like 5 mins for about 4mb's, only looking something up real quick for work) i received a text messege from sprint about tethering with a link sending me to the website about turning it on on my account?!?! anyone else have this, i thought this was undetectable? should i worry?

Hahahaha, really?

seand26

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I heard AT&T is doing the same for users with the iPhone. But I am also hearing that these texts imply that it may be added automatically if they continue to use it. Not sure how legit that is.

Chetbungo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the info, now since so many people have got the text, i dont feel bad screwing over sprint since the screwed me over on the whole premiere upgrade change. Also i dont think they can just add it to my plan without me knowing. Mainly because i didnt agree to pay that money to them for that service and they have no proof i am doing it. It wouldnt hold up in court, if anything i could sue them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey