ok people im know i should have done a search but im new to this scene and just wanted some info on the easy definition of what a ROM is? i just rooted my samsung epic and want to know what it can do now. i know it has free wifi tether but what other features can it do? is there like free other apps i can get or if so what kinda changed can i make to the phone, i appreciatte any help
    04-09-2011 03:06 PM
    ok people im know i should have done a search but im new to this scene and just wanted some info on the easy definition of what a ROM is? i just rooted my samsung epic and want to know what it can do now. i know it has free wifi tether but what other features can it do? is there like free other apps i can get or if so what kinda changed can i make to the phone, i appreciatte any help

First.. All you need to know will be located in the section below. Specifically designed for rooting/hacking/ROMS.
    Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks

More of your questions can be explained here...

[FAQ] Q & A on Rooting/ROMs/Methods

Any other questions please try to direct them to the appropriate thread in the first link I provided or if it doesn't fit a specific topic/thread then post it in the FAQ section.

Thanks and good luck
    04-09-2011 03:25 PM
    First.. All you need to know will be located in the section below. Specifically designed for rooting/hacking/ROMS.
    Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks

More of your questions can be explained here...

[FAQ] Q & A on Rooting/ROMs/Methods

Any other questions please try to direct them to the appropriate thread in the first link I provided or if it doesn't fit a specific topic/thread then post it in the FAQ section.

Thanks and good luck

^^ this...check out the how to videos also. Makes everything a snap to learn. SRF is awesome also
    Welcome to the rooted world
    04-09-2011 09:45 PM
    Welcome to the rooted world. I am glad you made the desicion. Before I rooted my Epic I was about to get another phone. Now, I have a new phone. You can enjoy free tethering, excellent battery life, plus you will be able of get rid of a lot crap from Sammy and Spring as well. When you have a chance try the SFR v1.1.0. There is another good rom Baked Snack rom on this one you need to go to the developer website [removed by moderator] you need to donate $5 and you will have access to his brand new rom such as bakedsnack 2.1,2.2 and 2.3
    Good luck !!!
    04-09-2011 10:26 PM
    You should install adfree android (in the market) this will block all the crap adds in the apps.. welcome to the rooted fam. Also never uninstall superuser unless you unroot this is a safeguard to protect you
    04-09-2011 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD