transparent volume notification

natecloward

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I'm a big fan of the transparent notification pull downs and widgets but what I really want is my volume notification pop ups to be transparent as I sometimes find it annoying blocking my screen when watcching a video. I have searched the forum with no luck. Any help would be appreciated!

Epic rooted ACS frozen rom emotionless beast theme

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i'm going through all the image files in the framework... (thats about the end of my theming knowledge. everything i do to my phone is through editing .pngs). i crashed last night. im gettin ready for work right now but when i get home i'ma get lookin again. now that you've said that idea... its stuck in my head. would be awesome. NO theme/rom that i know of has a transparent volume window. it would be really cool. ima try to figure it out!

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
so i'm in a little over my head this time... apparently this is controlled by an xml file, not a png. i'm taking a crash course in xml editing from an ACS dev over at XDA.

will keep you posted.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Trauma, I was going to mention that was probably controlled by XML file. Its probably a simple color change in the proper file, requiring you to decompile framework-res.apk and modify the proper fle with notepad ++ and then compile the file and flash away...

This is where that APK Manager 4.9 comes into play I talked about in the How to be a dev thread back awhile ago.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
im using apk manager 4.9. decompiling a framework.apk from stock deodexed ec05 theme template (what dreamsforgotten over on xda said to use for base for all my epic theming). using notepad++ to edit the progress_horizontal.xml (file i'm told, and found online, as the proper file to be adjusting) and change all the colors to #80000000 (transparent black?). I recompile + sign in apk manager. make into cwm3 zip. flash.

nothing.

so i try by moving that modified xml file from the new signed apk to my normal theme template (where i've edited pngs). nothing.

then i tried moving my edited pngs to the new signed apk. again. NO EFFECT.

i've tried with and without my custom images. NO effect. what am i doing wrong??!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
im using apk manager 4.9. decompiling a framework.apk from stock deodexed ec05 theme template (what dreamsforgotten over on xda said to use for base for all my epic theming). using notepad++ to edit the progress_horizontal.xml (file i'm told, and found online, as the proper file to be adjusting) and change all the colors to #80000000 (transparent black?). I recompile + sign in apk manager. make into cwm3 zip. flash.

nothing.

so i try by moving that modified xml file from the new signed apk to my normal theme template (where i've edited pngs). nothing.

then i tried moving my edited pngs to the new signed apk. again. NO EFFECT.

i've tried with and without my custom images. NO effect. what am i doing wrong??!
Stick with Dreams, he will get you going in the right direction... See if he will hook up with you on GTalk so he can work with you better. He helped me out in the beginning with a few questions I had. As you can tell by his work he knows what hes doing when it comes to themes.

Sounds like your in the right direction, probably just making a simple mistake.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i may have it... we'll see.

this is WAY more complicated than i used to imagine. learning how to do all this has definitely given me a newfound respect for the people putting themes out for the rest of us to use. (and if the themes are this involved, i wont even begin to think about a rom, or kernel, that actually involves coding or real know-how).

but apk manager is all done running script. i'll be back if it works. and if it doesnt, i'll keep plugging till it does.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
well i'm starting to figure out the xml coding. thus far... i've only managed to change the color of the actual bar in the volume window to black. i havent gotten the window itself to change.. but i'm trying to use a metamorph theme that does what we're after and port that into ec05 as a flashable zip not a metamorph (which is for a VZ droid, not even a samsung phone, but i'm assuming, and hoping, that the basics are the same)

Reactions: gpeterson

natecloward

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow you guys are great! really sounds like you know what your doing. My next step is to figure out how to work apk manager, its a little complicated for me. Any good threads about that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781