Bonsai new beta v4.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyward

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
New beta is out, been running it for about an hour. So far so good, smooth and fast. But be worned, it comes with a new version of clockwork.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

bdog421

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm running close to 18 hours since flashing bonsai 4.1.1b30. No issues as of yet and I've flashed honeycomb 2.0 aosp lockscreen, fly in card mod, helix shutdown ani and mtm gingerbread kb. No issues flashing any of those.

Oc is set at 1120mhz tops, but its pretty damn fast and smooth for that. I don't see a quantum leap in battery life, but I believe its at least a slight improvement over 4.0.1. I haven't tried flashing any other rom with cwm 3.0.2.8, I do believe it will work, but I won't promise that. Maybe when srf 1.1.1 gets released I'll find out.;)

If your a bonsai donor and you believe RandyT when he says they fixed the brick issues from beta 4.1.0(like I do) then you know what to do.

bdog421

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Still using modded twcrushedlauncher?

I'm not sure, I've been using launcher pro for many many roms now. When any rom boots the first time I always select launcher pro as default and never even see the included launcher.

skyward

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've also flashed honeycomb 2.0 with aosp lockscreen, no issues yet. So far works well.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Still using modded twcrushedlauncher?

No, not sure what Launcher it is. Looks like LP or ADW even a taste of old AMLauncher.

3 app dock including the app drawer. Phone/app drawer/Sprint ID

Doesn't matter to me I will be flashing either LP or ADW EX over it. Otherwise ROM has been solid to this point for a few hours. New CWM 3.0.2.8 is like lime green in font color with a shutdown option in the menu now.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Standard Android launcher, infected with Sprint iD.
Thats what I figured it was looking in the APP list, but I didn't want to commit to saying the wrong thing. Thumbs down on the Sprint ID, but I disabled it after flashing...

k0nane

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Thats what I figured it was looking in the APP list, but I didn't want to commit to saying the wrong thing. Thumbs down on the Sprint ID, but I disabled it after flashing...

You can remove it by removing w_installer.apk. Some people do like it, and it's a lot lighter than TouchWiz no matter how you look at it - so probably an automatic good thing.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep well aware of the .apk removal, actually as I posted that last comment I was going to disable (remove) it only to find it had been removed already so problem resolved.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So what are the early impressions?
Good. I've only been running it now for about 8 hours roughly but its solid to this point. Running it no journaling, no FC's, nothing. I've flashed a few add ons using the new CWM 3.0.2.8 and it seems to be good as well.

Battery life seems good, no big drops in power or anything to this point.

I've downloaded and installed about a dozen apps and everything is working as expected.

New kernel running at 200-1120 with the Smartass governor seems to function very well also. Haven't done any benchmarks because you know the speech, it don't mean anything...

It looks like Mammon/Randy T have rebounded nicely after the unfortunate bricking of a few devices on the last beta they released.

Overall theme of the ROM is normal Bonsai, nothing flashy, simple and to the point and most bloat removed. Other goodies is 1% battery mod/no clock in status bar/stock lockscreen/fixed font, lockscreen bug for month of May. I give it a good review up to this point, and with things being left in simple theme form you can customize as you please with individual add ons or flash a full theme. Probably the only thing most people will agree with is flashing a custom Launcher to replace the basic Android launcher they are using (maybe this will be changed at official release ? ).

Thats about it, I'm gonna run this for at least another day or two and if all is good still then I might have myself another daily driver to add to the list.

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Will I be able to just flash between Roms like I do now? I know there's something about a new CWM and I'm not up to speed on this kind of stuff.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Will I be able to just flash between Roms like I do now? I know there's something about a new CWM and I'm not up to speed on this kind of stuff.

Yes as far as I know there will be no problems. CWM 3.0.2.8 seems at this point to be running stable and I've only read of a few things that gave issues flashing (addons).

I believe if you flash a new ROM from this new CWM it will then revert to the older CWM 3.0.0.6 since recovery is part of the ROMs.

If I'm wrong I'm sure I will be corrected.

bdog421

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes as far as I know there will be no problems. CWM 3.0.2.8 seems at this point to be running stable and I've only read of a few things that gave issues flashing (addons).

I believe if you flash a new ROM from this new CWM it will then revert to the older CWM 3.0.0.6 since recovery is part of the ROMs.

If I'm wrong I'm sure I will be corrected.

If you flash another rom over bonsai 4.1.1, I'd like to hear if what you stated above is correct. I will most likely stick with this rom for awhile, so you'll probably find out before me. I here they have a new beta kernel(b34)up at their site. I see no need to change yet as everything is running quite well.

About 36 hours since flashing and battery life is looking good. Been off the charger for 11hrs15min with 2hrs15min screen on time at 27% brightness. Most of that web browsing and just dipped under 20% not bad. All is well so far in bonsai land:D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I agree this beta has been solid. Not one issue for me yet now about 15 hours since flashing. Battery life at 200-1120 setting is really impressive. I really think they nailed it this time with Bonsai.

Status
Not open for further replies.