ROM Ratings

spectator52

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way we can set up a rating system for the various ROMs? I think doing a poll or something would be helpful but I would like it to be a little more in depth where we could somehow rate the effectiveness of the ROM ie speed, battery life etc.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea - id be happy to work with you on this. How do you propose we gather and display this data?

Sent by a little green robot

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea - id be happy to work with you on this. How do you propose we gather and display this data?

Hey there guys, sounds like a great idea.. Ragnarokx just a suggestion you could attempt to use the table template we have available from Cory...

That would be really flashy and a nice clean look.

Just a suggestion.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey there guys, sounds like a great idea.. Ragnarokx just a suggestion you could attempt to use the table template we have available from Cory...

That would be really flashy and a nice clean look.

Just a suggestion.

So you're saying we should have members post their ratings, and put them all in a table?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying we should have members post their ratings, and put them all in a table?

That could be done along with a basic break down/description of the roms best features. These are just suggestions, if I'm creating to much work tell me to go away.. LOL...

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The only way I see this working is if we have threads for each category, e.g. ROM Battery Comparison, ROM Stability Comparison, etc. and create polls for each.

spectator52

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only way I see this working is if we have threads for each category, e.g. ROM Battery Comparison, ROM Stability Comparison, etc. and create polls for each.

I was hoping that one of the admins or mods would have some sort of template to accommodate a simple ranking/voting system. Is there a way to import something from google docs into this? Creating a spreadsheet that could track and graph would be excellent! But at the same time I hate to lead people away from android central.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping that one of the admins or mods would have some sort of template to accommodate a simple ranking/voting system. Is there a way to import something from google docs into this? Creating a spreadsheet that could track and graph would be excellent! But at the same time I hate to lead people away from android central.

A table can be created, but there is no way to automate the entering of data into it. That's my main concern.

Kdrickdynasty

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
How hard would be to create one big poll that includes available roms and the categories that matter.(Battery, Stability, Support...etc) Each category would have a rating system, maybe 1 to 5, with 5 being the best. The thread could then include detailed user experience specific to each rom. Maybe provide a link in the OP to each thread for that specific rom. (If that could be done!?!)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There is no way to rate choices in thread polls; it's simply multiple choice between up to 10 categories. Give it a shot to get a better idea - create a thread in this forum as well as a poll for it. I can simply delete it when you're done.

Kdrickdynasty

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is rating choices via a spreadsheet an option? Can that be done via a thread or maybe setting the spreadsheet up in some type of outside housing and linking to it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance