My backup root question

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
No just the one is good some times you can get some probs when restoring all the apps and data so just do a few at a time or download the app from the market and restore only the data it will ask u if u want to restore date and apk or just the apk or just the data...

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When i do a back up using MyBackup Pro, i always select Data. Anytime i do a restore i always install the apps from the market then restore the data.
Usually i only back up MMS, SMS, Bookmarks, Contacts, Call Logs and Calendar.
You can run into problems if you back up applicatoins and restore them. Just what i have heard never actually done it.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Applications = all app on your phone. Data = SMS, MMS, bookmarks, etc. To get everything you need a backup of each. I would advise against restoring things like settings, however.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Backups = Good. Restore = Be Careful ! ( when doing restores of Apps recommend selecting "from market" and NOT "from SD card" as that will USUALLY cause problems

skyward

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Backups = Good. Restore = Be Careful ! ( when doing restores of Apps recommend selecting "from market" and NOT "from SD card" as that will USUALLY cause problems

I haven't seen restore from market? How do I get to that prompt? I've restored everything from my sd card including settings many times and never had a problem.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen restore from market? How do I get to that prompt? I've restored everything from my sd card including settings many times and never had a problem.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
You've been lucky :p