05-30-2011 06:03 PM
29 12
tools
    Yes there are different versions of CWM for different devices. This all really seems to be getting very confusing. If at all possible I would really recommend trying the Bonsai MasterKey ROOT and CWM/Recovery Tool.

It worked very well for me and I really believe if you grab the Mac version it will root your phone for you and your headaches will be over. One program, root & CWM all in one shot done.
    CmdrGuard#AC likes this.
    05-30-2011 03:19 PM
    Yes there are different versions of CWM for different devices. This all really seems to be getting very confusing. If at all possible I would really recommend trying the Bonsai MasterKey ROOT and CWM/Recovery Tool.

It worked very well for me and I really believe if you grab the Mac version it will root your phone for you and your headaches will be over. One program, root & CWM all in one shot done.
    Thanks again, Paul.

Yup, I reflashed back on a backup of my stock kernel that I made with SGS Kernel Flasher back at the start of it. I then unrooted using gingerbreak and followed the insanely simple and quite pleasant Bonsai unlocking tool for OS X.

Right now I'm using its copy of nandroid to create a backup of the whole shebang before I go any further.

Are there any differences between this Bonsai recovery tool and ClockworkMod? How does support for EXT4 file systems play in?

Can I install syndicate rom by just putting the .zip in my sd-card root directory and just take it from there, treating Bonsai recovery tool like clockworkMod 3.x?
    05-30-2011 03:50 PM
    Thanks again, Paul.

Yup, I reflashed back on a backup of my stock kernel that I made with SGS Kernel Flasher back at the start of it. I then unrooted using gingerbreak and followed the insanely simple and quite pleasant Bonsai unlocking tool for OS X.

Right now I'm using its copy of nandroid to create a backup of the whole shebang before I go any further.

Are there any differences between this Bonsai recovery tool and ClockworkMod? How does support for EXT4 file systems play in?

Can I install syndicate rom by just putting the .zip in my sd-card root directory and just take it from there, treating Bonsai recovery tool like clockworkMod 3.x?
    Kinda pointless now, but "It does reboot into CWM 3.0.2.5" meant you had the latest version of CWM installed. Already. It installed when you flashed the 1.04 kernel; the rom manager had nothing to do with it. You didn't need to do anything else after that other than, if so desired, put a rom on your SD card and boot into recovery and choose install zip from SD card. You took the long way around.
    05-30-2011 04:24 PM
    Thanks again, Paul.

Yes you should be able to place a copy of Syndicate on your sdcard and wipe and flash.
    CmdrGuard#AC likes this.
    05-30-2011 06:03 PM
29 12