Any way to enable standalone gps on Epic?

Stearmandriver

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm wondering if there's any way to enable autonomous gps on the Epic? My gps works fine when I have a data signal, but like most other smarthphones won't get an initial fix without data. I know on some platforms there are ways to work around this, enabling you to get a gps fix while outside a coverage area, or in airplane mode.

Any app or hack or anything for the Epic?

Thanks...
Joe

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
But you need Data to download the map tho, unless you know of an app that can download it for ya before use :O i would like to know!

monkey30butt

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I looked & found CoPilot Live on the market. The USA version is only $5 &bit says it downloads the maps onto the phone so you can navigate offline with no data service. It states it wll transfer 2GB of data to your SD card.

Hope this may help.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I use Co-Pilot and it's a great solution... in addition to better TTS and lane assist, it does not require A-GPS triangulation to get a fix... I happen to like their Active Traffic offering, which is only $9.99 a year on top of the $4.99 app charge... gives you a read on traffic along your entire route in real-time, and offers detours along the way... I know others offer similar services, but this one is just integrated extremely well... so for standalone GPS, I'd highly recommend... in addition, ALK's customer service is fantastic...