extracting apk

Ostrich69

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I purchased an app from the android market and now I can't find it in the market or in my purchase history. I also looked in market on my friends OG droid and HtC Thunderbold an nothing but both of my friends still have it on their phones is there a way to get the apk file for this app off their phone to load on my phone???

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I purchased an app from the android market and now I can't find it in the market or in my purchase history. I also looked in market on my friends OG droid and HtC Thunderbold an nothing but both of my friends still have it on their phones is there a way to get the apk file for this app off their phone to load on my phone???

edit: nevermind said you couldn't find it in your purchase history

what app?
you can send a screen shot of your purchase history to the dev and he should be able to help.

On a side note, not sure how much help your going to get with this as its in a gray area about piracy and actually backing up your apps (which their are programs that do that) :p
and no forum I know condones talking about that :)

Ostrich69

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
It was a kit for storm8 games that helped do different thing in games but I don't have the developers email cause I can't find the game in the market on any phone

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You would have to "crack" the app for it to work on your phone, which requires coding knowledge and is illegal. But since you purchased it you just need to find the developer's website. What is the name of the app?

Ostrich69

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes zigg that is the app I did send the developer an email and I am hoping for a response soon

I clicked the download in the first link yu posted and takes me to market and says it is not found

Tedcas

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You can use Astro to do a back-up of the .apk on your friends phone (it will be saved in the backup folder) long press on the apk and either e-mail to your phone, or use dropbox to download it. As long as it is an app you've paid for, I don't think there is an issue using this method.

Ostrich69

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
You can use Astro to do a back-up of the .apk on your friends phone (it will be saved in the backup folder) long press on the apk and either e-mail to your phone, or use dropbox to download it. As long as it is an app you've paid for, I don't think there is an issue using this method.

Ok I will try this tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463