It's becoming a real issue here. My phone won't be plugged into anything, and have nothing done to it. It'll be just sitting in my pocket, and suddenly the SD card unmounts itself. It's become a real problem because I've missed important calls because my ringtones couldn't be accessed, and instead my phone stayed silent. It would even not allow me to play my music when this happens.

I was wondering if it would be possible to avoid all of that by setting my ringtone files up as system files, and how would I even go about doing that? I tried using File Expert from the marketplace, enabled root explorer, and mounted it as read write, and I was successfully able to copy my ringtones and notifications to the proper system files, but they never showed up when I tried to apply the ringtone. Was it because my files were .mp3 and the system files are .oog?
    06-29-2011 07:06 AM
    Wow. Figured it out. I forgot to reboot the phone. everything works fine now.
    06-29-2011 07:18 AM
    I've been trying to resolve this issue myself for a few weeks now. My ringtones randomly stop working until I reboot the phone. I'm guessing it's the same SD card issue but this is my first smart phone so I'm not quite as savvy to work the fix based on what you said here.

Could you give a few more specifics as to what you did?

Thank you.
    07-26-2011 12:27 AM