10-13-2011 02:34 PM
77 1234
tools
    Are these cases kind of smooth or are the pretty grippy? I had a silicone case for my ipod back in the day and it stuck to everything and I didn't like it. I want to be able to get the phone in and out of my pocket without struggling.
    09-13-2011 04:41 PM
    TPU does not stick like silicone and collects non of the dirt / lint. I've always used TPU and have never had one that felt slippery in my hand.
    09-13-2011 05:13 PM
    Are these cases kind of smooth or are the pretty grippy? I had a silicone case for my ipod back in the day and it stuck to everything and I didn't like it. I want to be able to get the phone in and out of my pocket without struggling.
    I kept it in a pretty tight leather belt case and it slipped out fine.
    09-13-2011 05:25 PM
    TPU does not stick like silicone and collects non of the dirt / lint. I've always used TPU and have never had one that felt slippery in my hand.
    This is what I love about them. Slips easily in and out of a pocket with no lint, but isn't slick.
    09-13-2011 07:45 PM
    I went with the matte black.....I had the glossy smoked one on my 3D and it looked pretty good so just having that on the front might not be to bad although all black would be best.

Edit....I just sent an email to Clay with a link to this thread. Maybe he will jump in.
    that's the one im thinking about going with the Matte Black
    09-13-2011 08:02 PM
    I ordered one this morning in matte black. Thanks for the heads up guys!
    09-14-2011 11:19 AM
    in for one also. figure even if i dont love it for 9 bucks it is better than nothing until more cases come out. not that i am anticipating not like it.
    09-14-2011 11:48 AM
    in for one also. figure even if i dont love it for 9 bucks it is better than nothing until more cases come out. not that i am anticipating not like it.
    I am sure you will like it. I have yet to hear anyone that doesn't. It offers good protection and fits really well. It is a soft cover but snaps on like it is a hard. Kind of hard to explain but there is no wiggle room or anything, just fits like a glove.

Also the owner othe company is great. He is active on XDA and is always listening to everyone's requests......
    graffix31 likes this.
    09-14-2011 12:50 PM
    TP case fit is the best
    09-14-2011 12:59 PM
    Got my matte black TPU case today. Really nice case t a nice price. Gonna order the smoke one soon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    09-14-2011 03:02 PM
    I received a matte black case today as well. This is the first I've known about the company TPU cases but so far everything has been absolutely fantastic. I purchased it Monday morning and it was in my mailbox this afternoon. Amazing. I would like to see the smoke argyle design for this phone as well (hint hint).
    09-14-2011 05:10 PM
    Received mine today in matte black....exactly what I wanted.
    09-14-2011 05:19 PM
    I got my order for the matte black as well today. I think it'll work just fine, but I think I would agree with Slingbox on preferring one that was completely matte black rather than the matte/gloss combo.
    09-15-2011 04:16 PM
    Where can I find a holster belt clip?
    09-15-2011 04:17 PM
    Has anyone tried the screen protector that came with the case yet? Wanna get some feedback on it. Thanks!
    09-16-2011 01:35 PM
    Has anyone tried the screen protector that came with the case yet? Wanna get some feedback on it. Thanks!
    Yea, check here... Maybe yours will be different though.
    enormous likes this.
    09-16-2011 01:36 PM
    Yea, check here... Maybe yours will be different though.
    thats really unfortunate... as i don't really want to use the phone without one. but i'm assuming trimming it a bit would help?

anyone else have the same situation?
    09-16-2011 01:38 PM
    For those of you who have tried this case out... I can't remember how much the camera bumps out on the E4GT, but does this case cover it enough so that you can lay it down and not hit the glass covering the lens?
    09-17-2011 09:59 AM
    For those of you who have tried this case out... I can't remember how much the camera bumps out on the E4GT, but does this case cover it enough so that you can lay it down and not hit the glass covering the lens?
    Yes, looks to be a little less than a 1/16" cushion
    Trullinger likes this.
    09-17-2011 10:06 AM
    Ordered one of these Epic prophylactics last night in "smoke". Crazy things happen when you're surfing the net at 3 in the morning. I'll report back when it comes in with photos.

I've never ordered from TPU before (or even heard of them) but for nine dollars its cheap enough to throw away if I hate it.
    09-17-2011 10:13 AM
    After having the case on the phone for a full day, I will say I have one gripe about it. I'm finding it hard to press the volume rocker. Since I have to give it a harder push, I find myself putting my fingers on the opposite side of the phone for leverage, which happens to be exactly where the sleep/wake button is. I've slept my phone a few times now, which is annoying when you're taking video and you press the volume rocker to zoom in and out (sleeping the phone stops recording immediately).

The case is nice, but I do find this to be a negative. I'm thinking a cutout hole would have been better.
    BRIVERS73 likes this.
    09-17-2011 01:06 PM
    After having the case on the phone for a full day, I will say I have one gripe about it. I'm finding it hard to press the volume rocker. Since I have to give it a harder push, I find myself putting my fingers on the opposite side of the phone for leverage, which happens to be exactly where the sleep/wake button is. I've slept my phone a few times now, which is annoying when you're taking video and you press the volume rocker to zoom in and out (sleeping the phone stops recording immediately).

The case is nice, but I do find this to be a negative. I'm thinking a cutout hole would have been better.
    +1 on this.. A pain in the ***
    09-17-2011 01:09 PM
    The owner actually commented on the volume button situation on XDA:

The case fits great, but man is the matte finish make for a slippery surface!
    Any chance you will consider making a cut out for the volume keys, kind of hard to push.
    Great product, as always

Response:
    I'd love too but putting that large of a hole in the side of a case made of this material causes it to loose its tight fit. What happens is the case becomes very loose on the volume side and will sag a bit. The fact that Samsung uses such small volume buttons doesn't help the situation much either. I know the volume rocker on this phone is pretty small but the hole would need to be bigger then the actual buttons so you could get your fingers in there. The only solution I have if you are struggling with the volume rocker for now is using the Volume Control+ app that lets you use the touch screen to change the volume. We definitely want to improve the volume rocker in the future some way.
    JayWill likes this.
    09-17-2011 01:52 PM
    Thanks freddyc. That's too bad, but understandable. I'll take a tight fit over a hard to press volume rocker. I guess I'll just have to get used to it. A volume app might be a workaround, but I don't know how that would work with the video camera function's zoom feature. Is there a way to zoom in and out from the screen?
    09-17-2011 02:00 PM
    The volume rocker doesnt bother me. I wouldn't have mind if they covered up the power button as well like the nexus 4g case, which was much harder to push than this case. I've never accidentally pressed the power button yet. I just position my fingers away from it.

I may get another one just to switch it up.
    09-17-2011 02:14 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD