10-13-2011 02:34 PM
77 1234
tools
    sorry about the bump but I did say I'd be back with pictures when my TPU case arrived.

This is the matte Smoke color. Its basically a translucent gray. Day one with the case the volume buttons were a bit stiff, seems to have softened up quite a bit. Perhaps I'm just getting used to it. One thing I love, the cut out for the power button actually keeps me from pressing the darn thing by mistake all the time. It did come with the screen protector but I screwed up applying it so I'm just running naked on the screen. Its got gorilla glass and I'm really careful about what I put in my pocket with it so I'm not worried.
    09-21-2011 11:08 AM
    After having the case on the phone for a full day, I will say I have one gripe about it. I'm finding it hard to press the volume rocker.

The case is nice, but I do find this to be a negative. I'm thinking a cutout hole would have been better.
    YES, I CONCUR!!

I have a TPU case and I love it except for the non-cutout for the volume rocker. It is hard to press, and feels weird because you have to press it so hard to register a press. If the power button has a cutout, why not the volume rocker too?

I'll gladly buy another one if you guys can make a version with a cutout for the volume rocker!!

Otherwise, a great case...
    09-21-2011 11:19 AM
    YES, I CONCUR!!

I have a TPU case and I love it except for the non-cutout for the volume rocker. It is hard to press, and feels weird because you have to press it so hard to register a press. If the power button has a cutout, why not the volume rocker too?

I'll gladly buy another one if you guys can make a version with a cutout for the volume rocker!!

Otherwise, a great case...
    Unfortunately, it's not possible to have a cutout for the volume rocker. I had emailed Clay about the issue, and here was his reply:

This is a known issue on all cases made of this material. It's the reason why we started using a cutout for the power button. Unfortunately we cannot do the same for the volume rocker as it requires too large of a hole. Placing that large of a hole in the side of a TPU case will cause it to loose its elasticity and fit the phone very loosely. I agree the buttons are a bit stiff but they are at least still usable. The only solution I have is a great free app called Volume Control+ that's available in the Market. This lets you control the volume using your touch screen. I personally don't have a problem pressing the volume buttons with the case on and I still use the app anyways just because it lets you control so many different volume settings. I suppose that wont help with the zoom in and zoom out though (although i bet there is a way to do that on the touch screen too). Thanks for the input and we are working on ideas for making the volume rocker better in the future. Since we have already thinned out the material around the volume rocker, the most likely solution is to mold little nubs on the inside of the volume rocker so it makes better contact similar to what they do on silicone cases. The thing that's giving us trouble is nubs can sometimes cause the button to press itself. Hopefully we will find a solution.
    I can live with it, because I like everything else about the case. Also, how often do you get that kind of personal reply from an online retailer. I appreciated the personal touch. Anyhoo ... there ya go.
    09-21-2011 12:15 PM
    Seems everyone loves the TPU case. Wish it had some sort of belt clip system or I just need bigger pockets
    09-21-2011 12:22 PM
    I'm still not seeing the issue with the volume rocker that everyone else is talking about. I use my volume rocker a few times a day while in the TPU case and have never had an issue with adjusting the volume level.
    09-21-2011 01:33 PM
    Can't wait until get mine this week. Naked phones are beautiful, but I'd be horrified if I dropped this baby. Nice that they replied back with the reasoning behind their design. Not enough companies give that kind of feedback. +1.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch
    09-21-2011 01:40 PM
    Unfortunately, it's not possible to have a cutout for the volume rocker.
    Thanks for the info, too bad but not a big deal. I just tried out the volume rocker and it does seem to have improved somewhat from before (more tactile feel of pressing the button than before, or it may just be my imagination).
    09-21-2011 02:15 PM
    Unfortunately, it's not possible to have a cutout for the volume rocker. I had emailed Clay about the issue, and here was his reply:

I can live with it, because I like everything else about the case. Also, how often do you get that kind of personal reply from an online retailer. I appreciated the personal touch. Anyhoo ... there ya go.
    After seeing the Matte Translucent Smoke, I changed my mind. I emailed TPU and they switched the order. Clay, from TPU, was super helpful and friendly.

This type of customer service doesn't exist anymore. It's great to see that this company going old school with the customer service.

I'll always do business with them just for the service.
    09-21-2011 03:50 PM
    Anyone know if these cases will work with the desk dock?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    09-21-2011 04:22 PM
    Hi all, first post here.
    I received my phone last Friday and finally acquired the case today. It came with the screen protector and cleaning cloth but no instructions. This may be an idiotic question but just how are you supposed to install the screen protector?
    Thanks, David.
    09-21-2011 07:16 PM
    Hi all, first post here.
    I received my phone last Friday and finally acquired the case today. It came with the screen protector and cleaning cloth but no instructions. This may be an idiotic question but just how are you supposed to install the screen protector?
    Thanks, David.
    Check for a general idea on how to install one. It takes time & patience to get it just right..
    The screen protector that came with the case I had was cut a little to big for my phone & therefore wouldnt fit correctly. You may or may not run into that problem, good luck.
    09-21-2011 08:05 PM
    Anyone know if the case works with the desk dock?
    09-21-2011 08:14 PM
    Anyone know if the case works with the desk dock?
    I don't think no one will no until the dock is actually release..
    09-21-2011 08:22 PM
    The phone has Gorilla glass..dont need a screen protector unless you are abusive to your phone. If you are, I will report you to the proper authorities!
    09-21-2011 10:22 PM
    TPU cases are hands down best case Ive every owed!
    09-25-2011 11:28 AM
    these cases wont fit the sprint epic touch,they will fit the european galaxy,take a closer look at the camera and the speaker placement
    09-25-2011 11:47 AM
    these cases wont fit the sprint epic touch,they will fit the european galaxy,take a closer look at the camera and the speaker placement
    Then how do we all have one that fits correctly?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G
    09-25-2011 01:04 PM
    Hi everyone, new here, first post....

I just received my case yesterday from TPU-Cases. I chose the matte black-back style.

Personally, I really like the look of the 'glossy' trim around the screen...to me it looks clean and finished, as it looks seamless against the front of the (glossy) screen of this phone.

For the record, I also have a SPRINT Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch and this case fits perfectly.

Enjoy your new phone!
    lbnyrob likes this.
    09-25-2011 03:32 PM
    ordered the matte smoke (matte black was sold out) Friday night and recieved it on Monday.

I wanted the black but the smoke looks great.

As most have said here it fits Perfectly, The price was only 8.90 with free shipping from TPU.

I am very happy with them and would order from them again. The quality, price, and shipping were all top notch. TPU has a new customer.
    09-26-2011 04:23 PM
    edit
    09-26-2011 04:27 PM
    for those who are interested.. info up in the market here... http://forums.androidcentral.com/mar...ml#post1291447
    09-26-2011 06:54 PM
    I got mine in black matte but strangely the screen protector was missing....
    09-27-2011 08:02 AM
    The thing I hate about ordering any sort of rubber cases from ebay,is that it allways arrives warped.
    09-28-2011 04:59 AM
    So my TPU case finally came in. I went with the flat black and j also got one of those. 97 cent plastic cases. The TPU case is much nicer. I don't are the need to spend 20 bucks for a name brand like Incipio or Seidio now. My only complaint would be the volume rocker cover portion that I'm thinking about just cutting out.
    10-09-2011 02:12 AM
    I'm thrilled with the TPU case. It barely adds to the weight and size of the phone.
    The volume rocker issue is a bit of a pain- but is already well-noted. That notwithstanding I feel that the TPU case is an excellent and durable value.

Thanks to the thread participants for directing me to this case!
    10-09-2011 11:41 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD