10-13-2011 02:35 PM
52 123
tools
    I got an email reply from incipio. They said it would be 3 to 4 weeks until they have cases ready for the epic 4g touch.
    09-21-2011 04:12 AM
    [QUOTE=BRIVERS73the case was because I wanted the free screen protector, (as it wasn't none available at the time), but I have to say that I'm really digging this case, It is really nice. The screen protector however is not. It is a tad to WIDE & so one side will not lay flat on the phone thus creating a large air bubble that runs the entire length of the phone. So the hunt for a decent screen protector continues. At least I got a nice case out of it![/QUOTE]
    Got my phone today and can confirm the same issue with the screen protector.
    09-21-2011 02:15 PM
    I have the Matte Smoke one. I posted some pictures in the thread in the accessories section.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/epi...otector-6.html

Absolutely no problems with finger prints on the Matte Smoke
    09-21-2011 02:21 PM
    Are these cases also good against drops? are they sturdy and withstand at least regular falls? it fits, its light and cheap and all the other good stuff. i havent seen anyone mention how good it is at protecting the phone.
    09-21-2011 03:55 PM
    Are these cases also good against drops? are they sturdy and withstand at least regular falls? it fits, its light and cheap and all the other good stuff. i havent seen anyone mention how good it is at protecting the phone.
    Haha I don't think anyone is willing to test it. My guess is, it will protect the casing of your phone quite nicely from dings, scuffs and scratches if you happen to drop it on something hard like pavement. I'd imagine it provides "some" impact protection too, but if that's your primary concern I'd think there will be some better alternatives available soon.

One of the things I do really like about the case is it raises that back just enough so that the camera lens doesn't contact the surface its laying on, and the front has a lip just high enough to keep the screen from touching if you have it face down (like when you turn it over to ignore an incoming call). This should go a long way in protecting two important components from getting scratched.
    09-21-2011 04:07 PM
    I really hope SGP doesn't wait until all the versions of the Galaxy S II are released before they start making cases (what they told me in an email) b/c who knows when that'll be? I have the Sprint kickstand one for now and it's adequate, but I really want an SGP or Otterbox case.
    09-21-2011 04:49 PM
    I really hope SGP doesn't wait until all the versions of the Galaxy S II are released before they start making cases (what they told me in an email) b/c who knows when that'll be? I have the Sprint kickstand one for now and it's adequate, but I really want an SGP or Otterbox case.
    I hope this is not the case as well as I'm also awaiting a holster from them. It seems like everyone is dragging their feet as far as pushing out accessories for this phone...
    09-21-2011 06:57 PM
    Haha I don't think anyone is willing to test it. My guess is, it will protect the casing of your phone quite nicely from dings, scuffs and scratches if you happen to drop it on something hard like pavement. I'd imagine it provides "some" impact protection too, but if that's your primary concern I'd think there will be some better alternatives available soon.
    Hahaha. I wasnt hoping to get an answer from someone who has tested it on purpose but maybe on accident. If someone had a drop and this ever protected their phone. (Not for this phone but someone who has used TPU cases before.
    09-21-2011 07:26 PM
    foxythang74 likes this.
    09-21-2011 07:33 PM
    I just bought the Matte Black Back case through TPU Amazon, because I had a giftcard.

When it says "Sold through TPU", is it like the same thing as ordering through the TPU site? Same shipping speed? I picked the default 3-5 business days.
    09-21-2011 10:17 PM
    My TPU black gloss case arrived today. I love it! It adds just enough extra size to where I don't fear I will drop the phone. I passed on the included screen protector. Couldn't get it to fit right without leaving lots of air bubbles.
    09-21-2011 10:59 PM
    Thanks for the video link. Just bought the case from the tpu website. for some reason the amazon website shows a 2.95 shipping charge.
    09-21-2011 11:05 PM
    sold by tpu is basically ordering from tpu.

Just means he has a store on amazon.com
    09-21-2011 11:11 PM
    Mine wears a smoked TPU case.. it fits perfect. I recommend it.
    09-22-2011 10:23 PM
    I just received my matte black tpu case today. Gotta say I'm extremely impressed and satisfied.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch
    09-22-2011 11:15 PM
    I was looking at the TPU case and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Are they the material that gets stuck when you pull it from your pocket?

Amazon.com: TPU-Cases Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch [Sprint] (TPU-Cases Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

If so, I may have to spend more a bit more and get the option with the kickstand

Kickstand Pleather Back Cover for Samsung Epic 4G Touch, Carbon Fiber Weave SAD710GSBK
    I ordered a TPU case through amazon and it was a joke...If you want it done right the first time go through the TPU website much better than amazon
    09-22-2011 11:32 PM
    I ordered a TPU case through amazon and it was a joke...If you want it done right the first time go through the TPU website much better than amazon
    How was it a joke? It looks like the one sold on Amazon is actually sold by the same TPU people.
    09-22-2011 11:58 PM
    How was it a joke? It looks like the one sold on Amazon is actually sold by the same TPU people.
    Amazon sends me 2 pink photon cases after I had ordered this Amazon.com: TPU-Cases Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch [Sprint] (TPU-Cases Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories one a week ago lol so obviously after 2 orders amazon couldn't place the order right so i just went to the actual website and im getting mine tomorrow
    09-23-2011 12:02 AM
    I ordered one from amazon and one direct from TPU a full two days later. Amazon still not here while the direct one made it yesterday. Not to mention they're cheaper direct and free shipping.

Side note: the one I got direct had a nice shipping touch to it....the guy cut cardboard and rubber banded it to the case so it wouldn't get deformed in shipping. Bravo TPU!!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G
    09-23-2011 08:21 AM
    Why would you worry about a screen protector when this thing has gorilla glass?

lbnyrob likes this.
    09-25-2011 11:24 AM
    Why would you worry about a screen protector when this thing has gorilla glass?

i already have a scratch on mine and i have been careful....
    09-25-2011 12:28 PM
    Got mine out of the mail box today. Got the matte and gloss black. So far like the matte better. Both are fantastic and fit great. Bot bulky feeling like my kickstand case I was using.

Sent from my GS2 Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk
    09-25-2011 12:47 PM
    Was the seller TPU or Amazon? I ordered mine from Amazon w/ Prime shipping on a Saturday and got it on Tuesday.
    09-25-2011 01:21 PM
    i already have a scratch on mine and i have been careful....
    Me too
    10-08-2011 08:50 AM
    Me too
    I still refuse to put a screen protector on it because it takes away from the beauty of the screen. The scratch you could only see in direct sunlight otherwise it's not even invisible
    10-08-2011 03:15 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD