What screen protector are you using for your new Epic 4G Touch?

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I checked out every Best Buy in my area and not one of them carried the Invisible Shield. Didn't wanna get something else because I don't want to try applying one of those water based screen protectors on my own. Any ideas on what I can do in the meantime? Believe it or not I still have the original plastic covering on it with all the writing. It's super annoying to use with that on.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, do not buy that crap. Best screen protector out there is Steinheil Ultra Crystal. Completely clear and feels like glass. Zaggs, and other wet application protectors are obsolete.

Reactions: schnoid

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: What screen protector are you using for your new Epic 4G Touc

Seriously, do not buy that crap. Best screen protector out there is Steinheil Ultra Crystal. Completely clear and feels like glass. Zaggs, and other wet application protectors are obsolete.

Thanks I'll look into it. Is it easy to install? I get nervous about using anything water based on my phone.

cydex123

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I got the one that Sprint was selling only because no other store in my area had any. It's not the best but it gets the job done. Lots of smudges but you don't see once the screen turns on anyways.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'll look into it. Is it easy to install? I get nervous about using anything water based on my phone.

The Steinheil is extremely easy to install. Its a dry application protector, so no liquid. I've used many different types, believe me, these are the best, hands down. Invisible sheilds are absolute trash in comparison.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Not a fan of invisashield. I am using the Sprint stock one. Works great. It is clear, as I am not using thd antiglare one.

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site

I found a good deal but I don't know the quality of the screen protector.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Screen Protector

Has it for $5. At checkout you can apply the coupon code "hms75" for 75% off. So your total will be $1.25.

Nice! Is that a dry screen protector? If so that might be a perfect cheap solution until I get something better.

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site

ended up getting that xtremeguard one. I figure for 1.25 it'll last me until I get invisible shield

Longie11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

So supposedly I am getting that skinomi today from usps according to my arrival date but the tracking info still just shows electronic shipping info received. Hope it comes. If it does I'll be installing it tonight.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector, the screen is Gorilla Glass...

CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS

CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS | SAMSUNG

It amazes me how many uninformed posts there are about Gorilla Glass. Gorilla Glass is very tough, and scratch RESISTANT. It can, and will scratch. It stands up very well against metal, but one grain of sand will scratch it. So, unless all you do is sit behind a computer all day, it would still be smart to use a screen protector. With the high quality of premium ones like the Steinheil, and the fact they are completely unnoticeable once applied, why would you not use one?

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Purchased the 3 pack from Sprint. 1 - Anti-Glare and 2 Gloss. I'm currently using one of the gloss covers, and it's working well.

Longie11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

So I ended up getting the skinomi techskin today afterall. Took 8 days! but whatever. I just put it on about an hour ago and i'll say even though I put about 4 on before, all on the palm pre this was quite a bit tougher. I think just the larger screen and lining up the camera and led holes all the while not letting it stick crookedly along the bottom contributed to my bit of frustration. I actually think I ended up doing a real good job just be prepared for it. I had alcohol wipes, lint free cloth and a bottle of computer cleaner. I'll post back tomorrow on how its looking when i power up.

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

Check out the Skinomi screen protectors on amazon. They're like the invisashield but much better and only about. 4 bucks.

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site

any chance I could get the guys at best buy to install skinomi if I buy it?

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Still not quite understanding why people would buy a screen protector that requires liquid to install when there are much better protectors that don't. Electronics and liquid don't mix, and its a silly chance to take when you can get something better that doesn't need it. Believe me, Steinheil is the way to go. I've used all the other big names, no comparrison.

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site

Still not quite understanding why people would buy a screen protector that requires liquid to install when there are much better protectors that don't. Electronics and liquid don't mix, and its a silly chance to take when you can get something better that doesn't need it. Believe me, Steinheil is the way to go. I've used all the other big names, no comparrison.

i guess i'm still skeptical about dry screen protectors. I used to use them way back when on my old Treos but they were never very good and definitely nothing like the Invisible Shields I've had on my last few devices. I'd try it if it was a few bucks, but not sure I wanna chance it for $13.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae