What are you guys doing for spare batteries?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My experience with the ebay battery makes me wonder how many of the issues people have been having are directly related to a bad battery.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
My experience with the ebay battery makes me wonder how many of the issues people have been having are directly related to a bad battery.

I know it's more expensive but why not buy the one from androidcentral? Ebay makes me nervous especially when there is a risk of not knowing where the battery came from.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I know it's more expensive but why not buy the one from androidcentral? Ebay makes me nervous especially when there is a risk of not knowing where the battery came from.
Because although OEM is always reliable its also always the most expensive. That's why I prefer Amazon generics because at least you're more likely to find reviews about them. There'll always be cheaper but same as OEM batteries and then there'll also be very cheap "you get what you paid for" batteries.

$20.99 for 2 batteries plus wall charger is more useful than $29.99 for just 1 battery.

Sent from my Sprint Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Blkthght06

defyantx07

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered these.

2 X 1500mah BATTERY + CHARGER SAMSUNG I9000 GALAXY S | eBay

They shipped fast and worked flawlessly. Like cobra mentioned, they are a little bit slimmer than stock battery, but i've had no issues yet (only had for 1 day so far)

The battery charger also has a USB port.
For $10 shipped, it can't be beat. I pop the two charged batteries in my wallet and don't have to worry about the phone dying.

Obviously they are only 1500mah, but like I said, for the price, well worth it.

I can confirm that these batteries and charger work perfectly for the E4GT. I've had them for almost a week now. I'm currentely using one of the batteries in my phone now and it lasted almost as long as the original stock battery. The charger had no issues charging my OEM battery that came with the E4GT. It did take longer to charge though. Honestly it seems like the best deal for anyone looking for a couple of spare batteries to use when the OEM battery is low. I got a full day of use out of the non-OEM battery, lasted a couple hours less. But it is 1500mah and not 1800mah like the stock. But I think it will suit most peoples needs. 10 bucks for two batteries and a charger. No brainer.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I had chichitec batteries for my EVO 4G. Worked just fine. Included charger takes a long time though. 7 hours or so for a fully dead battery.

Sent from my Sprint Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk.

voidcomp

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I've gone 2 battery cycles with them so far and am pleased. Right now I'm at 26 hours with 20% battery remaining with relatively light use. My guess is 15 - 20 hrs with heavier use. The charger does take a long time. If you use it, plan on charging overnight.

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I went on Amazon and got 2 hyperion 1800mah and a wall charger for $25 shipped, came super fast even with super saver. I power cycled them with an almost 8 hour video over wifi on youtube with brightness maxed and nav on, first cycle life was pathetic, 2 hours, after 3 cycles I have 4.5-5 hours.

the video is some kids black ops record for C4 kills in 7 or 8 hours. just left the phone on silent while I worked and let the video play, waited for beep #1 of lower battery, and then held out for the critical where screen brightness is capped, turned the phone off swapped batteries and stuck it on the charger)

I keep one spare in my work bag and one in my glove box. Did that with my EVO 4G also. The Epic has much better life and doesn't turn into a hot plate like the evo always did...

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I would like to hear how somone's batteries from CHICHI are working out.

The ones they sent for my last phone were labeled over with higher then actual mah

funny thing, I got the batteries just in case, I have not used them once.
So +1 to samsung

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I went on Amazon and got 2 hyperion 1800mah and a wall charger for $25 shipped, came super fast even with super saver. I power cycled them with an almost 8 hour video over wifi on youtube with brightness maxed and nav on, first cycle life was pathetic, 2 hours, after 3 cycles I have 4.5-5 hours.

the video is some kids black ops record for C4 kills in 7 or 8 hours. just left the phone on silent while I worked and let the video play, waited for beep #1 of lower battery, and then held out for the critical where screen brightness is capped, turned the phone off swapped batteries and stuck it on the charger)

I keep one spare in my work bag and one in my glove box. Did that with my EVO 4G also. The Epic has much better life and doesn't turn into a hot plate like the evo always did...

4 to 5 hours is pretty good. I get around 3 hours of battery life playing videos with the hyperion battery. I also bought some generic cheap 3x battery for $12. Those get less than 2 hours of video playtime.

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I power cycled them some more and they improved more, the stock one improved when cycled also
The most I got was 6 hours with brightness on auto, it was about medium brightness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol