Recommendations for car Bluetooth audio (A2DP) kit?

Argyle

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good and hopefully inexpensive Bluetooth car kit for music (A2DP)?

I have an old Kensington LiquidAux but it autoconnects with the Epic Touch like...30% of the time. Getting it to connect is a crazy dance involving unplugging the Kensington, toggling Bluetooth on the phone, manually trying to connect, crossing my fingers...

Does anyone have one that works flawlessly (autoconnects when you start your car every time)?

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good and hopefully inexpensive Bluetooth car kit for music (A2DP)?

I have an old Kensington LiquidAux but it autoconnects with the Epic Touch like...30% of the time. Getting it to connect is a crazy dance involving unplugging the Kensington, toggling Bluetooth on the phone, manually trying to connect, crossing my fingers...

Does anyone have one that works flawlessly (autoconnects when you start your car every time)?

I have this unit in my '07 F150 and I think there are a few things to note if you want a more consistent experience:
  • It you re-engage the pairing process by holding down the multifunction button on the LiquidAUX unit before turning on the bluetooth on your E4GT
  • Use the bluetooth settings shortcut/widget to turn on bluetooth
Obviously, that isnt as automatic as one would like. But in my Mazda CX-9 that I had before this, the outlet that the LiquidAUX would have the power cut to it. So my Palm Pre (device at the time) would auto repair whenever I engaged bluetooth. My Ford doesnt cut off the power, which keeps the LiquidAUX on all the time. So maybe that is also part of your problem.

On another note, I just picked up the Samsung Infuse Car Dock which has audio out (connects to your car via 3.5mm jack). I am interested in seeing how that works so I will chime back in when I get that setup working.

Reactions: Argyle

Argyle

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have this unit in my '07 F150 and I think there are a few things to note if you want a more consistent experience:
  • It you re-engage the pairing process by holding down the multifunction button on the LiquidAUX unit before turning on the bluetooth on your E4GT
  • Use the bluetooth settings shortcut/widget to turn on bluetooth
Obviously, that isnt as automatic as one would like. But in my Mazda CX-9 that I had before this, the outlet that the LiquidAUX would have the power cut to it. So my Palm Pre (device at the time) would auto repair whenever I engaged bluetooth. My Ford doesnt cut off the power, which keeps the LiquidAUX on all the time. So maybe that is also part of your problem.

On another note, I just picked up the Samsung Infuse Car Dock which has audio out (connects to your car via 3.5mm jack). I am interested in seeing how that works so I will chime back in when I get that setup working.

Yeah, I'm looking to avoid the problem of having to mess with settings on the phone/car kit every time I get in the car...my car (a Honda Accord) kills the power to the outlets when you turn the car off, so my theory on what is going on is that from a fresh boot, it will connect correctly, but if you turn the car off (without manually disconnecting it from the Bluetooth menu on the phone) it leaves the connection in some kind of hung state, so the next time the car kit powers on it is unable to connect. (Toggling Bluetooth on the phone at this point has inconsistent results for me, sometimes the Bluetooth fails to shut off correctly until I power cycle the phone)

Anyone else using a Bluetooth car kit? Surprised that no one else seems to have any experience with other kits, given the inconsistent experience with various phones and the kit I have (used a Palm Pre, then a Samsung Epic, before this phone), I kinda don't want to buy a random new kit unless someone can tell me that it works correctly.