Zagg screen protectors are full of poop!

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Zagg screen protector when I bought my phone. They claim that it's unscratchable. They are full of it! I'm in my third one in two months and it has a scratch as well. A scuff even at that.

WTF!

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Brand names, my friend, that's all they are. I bought some of the cheap military-grade protectors, 3 for $10, off eBay, and they work like a charm. Zapp/Invisible Shield are really no different from Apple IMO - pure fluff with magnificent marketing budgets that use "catch" words to lure in consumers.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I had a Zagg on my HTC Sensation, and then the cheaper one on my E4GT, and there's no difference except for the extra fluff they give you: the fancy fold-open box, a rubber squeege, and some spracy crap that's probably just water :p. Sorry you spent extra money.

When it comes to electronics accessories, eBay is your best bet. You wouldn't believe the markup on things like Zagg on the retail level (2000%+).

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain - it's just Marketing 101 though. Unless the screen protector is made out of diamond, it is not unscratchable.

Plastics are pretty low on the hardness scale. But it's better that then the screen itself.

Good luck

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
the actual screen without protection is more scratch resistant than these garbage gimmicks theyre selling, I dont really see a reason to even use a screen protector

DocB1973

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree but for different reason. Mine started to peel off and I took it back to Best Buy who I thought would be replacing it under the lifetime guarantee. They all went running for the restroom and told me I had to contact Zagg, send my defective cover to them and only then would they send me a new one. Are you kidding me Best Buy?

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I had a Zagg on my HTC Sensation, and then the cheaper one on my E4GT, and there's no difference except for the extra fluff they give you: the fancy fold-open box, a rubber squeege, and some spracy crap that's probably just water :p. Sorry you spent extra money.

When it comes to electronics accessories, eBay is your best bet. You wouldn't believe the markup on things like Zagg on the retail level (2000%+).

I will give you the ZAGG is expensive, and its some marketing, but they do offer lifetime replacement. You dont send it in first, you order a new one from them, they put a hold on your CC and then remove it when you send the old one back. Its not a perfect system but it works, and I do like the slightly "tacky" feel to the protector vs the smooth "slick" feel of most others.
Its like cases, and other acc, all about personal preference.

Reactions: Ezduzit

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
A couple friends swear by their ZAGG, though my vote is for my Steinheil on the GS2. It is absolutely crystal clear.

But, in a classic case of the paradox that is me, I have had other phones/devices that I did not even bother with a screen protector. I tend to baby my stuff, but accidents can and do happen.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
A couple friends swear by their ZAGG, though my vote is for my Steinheil on the GS2. It is absolutely crystal clear.

But, in a classic case of the paradox that is me, I have had other phones/devices that I did not even bother with a screen protector. I tend to baby my stuff, but accidents can and do happen.

Totally agree. Zagg's are great, but I haven't found them to be any worse (or better) than the cheaper ones from eBay. I see them at Best Buy for $40, and I just laugh at the dopes who spend that kind of money on it.....like how I laugh at those who pay $200 to $300 for a TV wall mount. These electronics stores make their business run on the markup from accessories.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I've seen a couple of areas on this site now where they recommend these Steinheil protectors. So I decided last night to re-outfit my E4GT with a new protector and a Trexcell 3800mah battery. Will give an update and some pics when I get it all dialed in. The consumer reviews on the Steinheil's are pretty awesome, so I wanted to give it a shot. Stay tuned!

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I buy Zagg only because of the lifetime guarantee,,,

And forget sending it in! I take it to the mall Zagg Kiosk and they swap it right there.

Stearmandriver

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a couple of areas on this site now where they recommend these Steinheil protectors. So I decided last night to re-outfit my E4GT with a new protector and a Trexcell 3800mah battery. Will give an update and some pics when I get it all dialed in. The consumer reviews on the Steinheil's are pretty awesome, so I wanted to give it a shot. Stay tuned!

Man, you are going to love the Steinheil protector. I have the ultra crystal model, and it is impossible to convey how awesome it is. This will sound like the marketing shtick of Zagg etc. but it's really exactly true - if I handed my phone to you, you literally WOULD NOT be able to tell there's a protector on it. It looks and feels JUST like the gorilla glass.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
i am in construction and still have a nice clean scratch free zagg... What are you people doing to your phones? If you drop it or put it in a pocket with other stuff, what do you think is going happen? Lets be careful people. If they made a perfect phone that would not scratch and upgrade forever none of us would buy a new device. Use care people.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
i am in construction and still have a nice clean scratch free zagg... What are you people doing to your phones? If you drop it or put it in a pocket with other stuff, what do you think is going happen? Lets be careful people. If they made a perfect phone that would not scratch and upgrade forever none of us would buy a new device. Use care people.

What a breath of freash air... Common sense huh?

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it a wet or dry application? I'm thinking about going with it only because of the clearness. I think the last screen protector I had was Invisible Shield and although it worked great, the waves bothered me when viewed at a certain angles.

It's a dry application. I just installed mine yesterday, as I was using a $2.50 sticky Zagg-type one from eBay before that. I had ripples in the rubbery one and I didn't like it. Read lots of good reviews about the Steinheil, so I plunked down $$ and gave it a shot. So far I like it...I have noticed that the grease smudges a quite a bit more apparent than my other protector. They install like a static cling cover, but are really nice. I took some pics of what I got in the bag for my order. I'll post them when I get home tonight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia