Does anyone have a set of Shure earbuds and know what I am talking about when I say good.

I consider the Shures at the $150 a good start for decent sound, I'm not super picky, but most earbuds suck.
    I may just upgrade to some IEMs and get them custome molded (all together $450-500)

It would be nice to find a set of bluetooth headphones that actually has good sound quality as a secondary, and when I am at home or work, use the more expensive ones. I've tested several models, but the sound was either dead and muddy or tinny/overbright highs, and ones that are both muffled lows and nasty highs. The ones that are usually branded by companies that don't make audio or electronics and seem to go on namesake alone were the worst, Oakleys bleh, I could hear the electronic noise in them. I'm not picky about price, but I am picky when it comes to sound quality, when I say I'm obsessed with music it is an understatement, and I am tired of faux stereophile branded junk I've tried.

I can't be the only, and I hate to use the term, audiophile here, so please chime in and let me know.

02-10-2012 07:11 AM
    I'm not an audiophile so I am unsure if sound that meets your criteria can even be pumped through the compressed bluetooth wireless transmission. But I use the Samsung HS300 because they allow me to use any 3.5mm headset that I want. Then you can use whatever high-quality headset you want. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057WWK5E/...cUvbUpU1601003
    02-10-2012 03:37 PM
    I think your right, the issue may be the quality of the bluetooth or headset jack, obviously the player too. I have Shures, Klipsh and Altec Lansing wired. No bluetooth headset, I have a Jawbone ERA with HD sound so they say. Its mono, but makes me not want to consider bluetooth for music.
    02-11-2012 08:06 AM
    hmm right on thanks for the replies
    the original intent of Bluetooth was a QD thing so I guess it will remain that way for a while, I'm sure they will have the quality eventually
    02-21-2012 12:50 PM