Otterbox Case?

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
They can't compete with ballistic case. Just kidding, but seriously my ballstic case and steinheil screen protector are every bit as good as my wife otterboxed iphone4

burrrton

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Why is there still no Otterbox case available for the Epic 4g Touch! =(

I don't have an answer for why, but last I heard there was direct confirmation from Otterbox itself/themselves that there would be no case for the Epic 4G Touch.

They're too dmn bulky anyway. Put a Steinheil Ultra-Fine on there with a Seidio Surface or a TPU case and you'll be golden.

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
i agree with knotsure.....the ballistic case is sweet. i picked up one today and actuall like it better than any otterbox ive had in the past

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
No no no. This is the case you want. Not even an Otterbox offers this much protection. I have one have one and love it. Shop for it on Amazon. Get it through Newegg for 39.95, no tax and free shipping.

http://www.shopandroid.com/seidio-convert-combo/4A123A9372.htm

Seidio CONVERT Combo for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

1.jpg

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
The case I posted offer's three layers of protection.

BTW, Ballistic makes that case now.

http://www.goballisticcase.com/prod...c-4g-touch-ballistic-shell-gel-sg-series-case

That's the Ballistic SG case, they don't make the HC for the E4GT. The HC provides far more protection than the SG and comes with a holster.

My wife has the SG on her white E4GT. I think I also saw someone on XDA say they were able to get the Infuse Otterbox Defender to work on their E4GT with some minor modification.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The casemate combo is butt ugly. Are you kidding me? My phone is way to sexy to put in that ugly case. I'd rather it be scratched to hell.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
The casemate combo is butt ugly. Are you kidding me? My phone is way to sexy to put in that ugly case. I'd rather it be scratched to hell.

Function > Form

For some people, their phone is a tool rather than a fashion accessory. When you rely on your phone to help you get a job done, protection is far more important than being "sexy".

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

rickspencer

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I just checked Otterbox's website and they are finally selling the defender and commuter cases. Now if they would just make an extended battery version I might consider getting one.

burrrton

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Function > Form

For some people, their phone is a tool rather than a fashion accessory. When you rely on your phone to help you get a job done, protection is far more important than being "sexy".

I agree wholeheartedly, but you assume the protection is quantifiably better with an ugly case (yeah, looks are subjective).

In this case, whether a thin layer of soft silicon will provide a noticeable improvement over other materials is highly debatable, even ignoring the dust/grit it will attract and hold.

I don't want anyone to ignore their own experiences (nothing wrong with brand loyalty), but I've dropped my phone plenty of times in cases like the Seidio Surface and TPU cases and also never come away with so much as a scratch.

ajw1284

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Got the Defender case in the mail today. The phone looks good in it. Adds some bulk, but still fairly thin for the protection it is receiving.

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Been using the otter commuter. Thin, slick, and strong. The polycarbonate over silicone goes i'm my pocket easily. In fact i'm on my second one. First one ended up in the middle of an 8 lane highway. The screen was broken from being run over about 5 million times. But there wasn't a scratch on the plastic case off the phone. And the phone still worked. It was still ringing when I called it..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

marcplante

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought both the Otterbox Commuter and the Seidio combo cases to compare (amazon return policy). The Otterbox fit to the phone was about 95%, and the Seidio feels like an extension of the phone. It was a little slick initially, but felt great after a couple days. Button access is great, which is important to me since I read books on my phone and use vol to flip pages. I don't use the faceplate a lot, but it comes in handy when I'm traveling and toss my phone into my carry on FTTT. Also when used in combination with a spider stand (Whatever the name is?) I can use it to create a convenient car bracket for my phone.

Drop protection has been good because of the plastic spine, and the raised ridges let the phone sit face down if needed without scratching the face.

Last superficial change I would like to make (form over function) is to find a decent woodgrain sticker to dress up the spine. There are a couple mahogany look cases for the Phone that look really nice, IMO, and I'd like something like that.

Last edited:

Jahjah440

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to say I picked up a 6 dollar case on ebay. It has a plastic shell and then a rubber coating.

My phone has been dropped, tossed, neglected, abused, any word you can think of, it has happened to my phone.

Best 6 bucks ever spent.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech